Missing Item Notes

Topics: Retired
Dec 15, 2008 at 3:02 PM
So, I downloaded the 2.1.4 and I'm having the same problem as I had in 2.1.3.  The problem is I don't want certain items shown, should be no problem that's what the filters are for.  But if I turn off the PvP filter, PvP items are still being shown.  When I mouse over one of the items the item note says not found on amory, if I right click on the item and update from Wowhead it will drop off.

I've tried to download upgrades from armory, reload WotLK items from Wowhead and updating the item cache.  I've tried those steps in different orders, but I still get issues with the item notes missing.  Any thoughts, I'm running Vista and I don't see the .Net framework in my programs so I'm not sure which version I'm running. 

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM
You'll need to tell us specifically which item fails and from which source.

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2008 at 4:44 PM
Many items, such as most of the new arena gear which isn't out yet, doesn't have complete data on either wowhead or armory. That sounds like what your problem is.
Dec 15, 2008 at 5:57 PM
 Valorous Redemption Gloves are an example, I'm assuming that it is because they are part of the new Arena gear, but they are listed on wowhead.  Rawr just says "Drops from in"  In them item description. 

Now that I've updated everything, I get no results in Neck, Back, Trinket or Finger.  I still get results in all of the other slots.  I've tried both with and without filtering and with and without refining types of items listed.  If I update from Armory they will reappear, but if I then update the info from Wowhead they disappear again. 

I love the program and thank you for all of your hardwork. 
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Ah hah, I'm guessing you're a deathknight. Rawr.DKDPS is very much a work in progress, and the relevancy checks in it are setup wrong at the moment; they show paladin gear instead of DK gear. You could make a filter to exclude all items with Redemption in their name, but that's about it.

I'm confused about what you could have done to get no results from Neck/Back/Trinket/Finger though. Can you give some detail about that? With all filters turned on, what is it that makes things disappear?
Dec 15, 2008 at 6:35 PM
I'm actually a holy pally. 

I had turned off misc under refine item type since I only wanted to see shields.  I turned it back on and the trinkets, neck, etc are back.

The Pennant Cloak didn't show any item info.  I right clicked and clicked refresh from WoWhead.  It now shows Drops from Sarathion in The Obsidion Sanctum.

Is there a specific order that you need to use to update the info?   

If I refresh the data from WoWhead my character pane loses some of the items, but they reload if I refresh my character from the Armory. 

What other info do you need?
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2008 at 8:05 PM
Err, I'm confused again. If you're a holy pally, then Valorous Redemption Gloves are your tier 7-25 gloves, not anything PvP related.

I know there's a bug with reloading items that are equipped from wowhead, but that'll fix itself when you swap items or relaunch Rawr.

I'm also confused about an 'order' to update the info. What are you trying to achieve? What info are you trying to update that you don't have?