Ghost hit

Topics: Retired
Dec 25, 2008 at 8:43 AM
As has been well documented right now certain Ret Paladin's have been receiving a "ghost hit" of 3%.  I am luckily one of those.  After extensive testing I have concluded that a hit rating of 131 gets me 0 misses against the boss target dummy in IF.  Is there a way to adjust this in program to reflect my not needing hit gear as is suggested by the program?  I can obviously just look at my hit and make sure it is not above that, but the dps numbers are reflective of me needed a much higer hit number.  By the way I'm Draenei so 131 takes into account my 1% hit bonus
Dec 25, 2008 at 10:00 AM
In your BuffCache.xml, you can add a custom buff that increases your hit rating.
Dec 28, 2008 at 8:03 AM
Hate to sound like a complete and total noob but I can't seem to figure this out.  I have tried to add new buffs and even edit Heroic Presence but every time I save it and go back into Rawr it still shows the same buff with 1% increase.  I'm not sure if it has to be done in a certain program that I do not own or not but no matter how i open the buffcache.xml file I can't seem to get the file to save the way I edit it.  Thanks in adavance for any help I get on this. I really did try over and over to get it to work on my own.
Dec 28, 2008 at 5:34 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM
I think if you load in a saved char it rewrites the buffs.
Close rarw
edit the file with notepad
put it right before </ArrayOfBuff> (which is at the end of the file)

<Buff>
    <Name>Pally Ghost Hit</Name>
    <Group>Pally Buffs</Group>
    <Stats>
      <SpellHit>0.03</SpellHit>
      <PhysicalHit>0.03</PhysicalHit>
    </Stats>
    <SetThreshold>0</SetThreshold>
    <Improvements />
    <IsCustom>true</IsCustom>
    <ConflictingBuffs>
      <string>Racial Buffs</string>
    </ConflictingBuffs>
  </Buff>
  <Buff>
    <Name>Human Expertise Racial(mace/sword)</Name>
    <Group>Human Buffs</Group>
    <Stats>
      <ExpertiseRating>24.6</ExpertiseRating>
    </Stats>
    <SetThreshold>0</SetThreshold>
    <Improvements />
    <IsCustom>true</IsCustom>
    <ConflictingBuffs>
      <string>Racial Buffs</string>
    </ConflictingBuffs>
  </Buff>

(that also has the human expertise racial)
open rarw up.. load your self from the armory.. profit!
Dec 30, 2008 at 7:32 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2008 at 7:34 PM
hit, i think the above works to @ the 3% more, but it isn't reflected in on the stats page.. i have 7.44% hit before i apply the above ghost hit and 7.44% after. It does look like it is taken into account tho, ie items with a lot of hit are lowered in ranking.