visual studio 2008?

Topics: Rawr.Base
Feb 7, 2009 at 6:25 PM
are you using visual studio 2008? sp1? i couldn't open it with vs2005 so i assuming it is 2008.
Feb 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM
Feb 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM
thanks. i've upgraded to 2008 and SP1 (needed to do it for work anyway). the solution opens now, but Rogue, RestoSham and Tree projects won't load.  i've removed the entire folder and re-synced from the source depository with no change. clearly something isn't happy. perhaps i need the svn visual studio plugin? i am using tortoise svn instead. I've included some screen shots at the end. Of course, the resto shaman module is the one I am interested in... any ideas?

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:25 AM
Hmm, no... There's nothing special that I know of about those projects. All projects are linked to source control. Those errors look like a problem with your system, like something's wrong with your VS installation, perhaps?

For source control access, I'd suggest Team Explorer.
Feb 8, 2009 at 3:12 AM
yeah, i probably is something wrong with my system. just annoying that its only three projects and the one i was interested in. i'll have to try it at the office and see if that installation has the same issue.
Feb 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM
I'm getting the exactly the same behavior.  It's complaining about source control:

One of the slew of dialogs has this text:
"The solution appears to be under source control, but its binding information cannot be found. It is possible that the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file or another item that holds the source control settings for the solution, has been deleted. Because it is not possible to recover this missing information automatically, the projects whose bindings are missing will be treated as not under source control."

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Well, right, if you don't have Team Explorer, it'll complain about source control bindings, but you can just click "Work Temporarily Uncontrolled" or whatever it's called; they still load fine.
Feb 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM
I actually do what Astrylian says here.

The only part where you need to be a little careful is not to break any source control bindings when commiting files back to the tree.

Oct 5, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Edited Oct 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM

If others end up here like I did, below is a good URL explaining your source control options for connecting to Codeplex/Rawr.