Healing Priest: Custom Role

Topics: Rawr.HealPriest
Developer
Mar 17, 2009 at 7:38 PM

In next Beta release Rawr will include a Custom Role in the HolyPriest model.

It needs some testing, so feel free to post your experiences with it here.

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:25 PM
I like this but I didn't see any place for PW:S?   Particularly with it being tied to Rapture in 3.1, I plan to be casting it a lot.  :)

Also, and unrelated question but since I've got the developer's ear:  does clicking the 3.1 Mana Model button change the way Rapture returns work (i.e., from PW:S instead of heals) or does it still assume the old mechanic (just wondering how to set the slider...)
Developer
Mar 19, 2009 at 9:36 PM

PW:S is just between PoH and CoH.

3.1 model is not entirely completed yet (Mostly because I need some logs to make sure things match up with reality.) New (Entirely gutted) Rapture should be fairly easy to deal with however.

Please keep on testing and give me any feedback on this.

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:16 AM
I'm disc spec'ed, so I don't have CoH (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbuhxtrhoifRtfxzc)

When I look at the custom screen, I see:

Flash Heal
Greater Heal
Penance
Renew

and that's it.

Developer
Mar 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM
okay, You dont have the newest version then. The custom role is just GUI (no code) on your version. Let me see if I can upload a fixed version ASAP.
Developer
Mar 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Uploaded a modified (fixed) HolyPriest model to the following URL: https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/789929/HolyPriest220Beta.zip.

Make sure you replace the old file with this while using the 220 BETA of Rawr. (It should overwrite the old file in the .\Data subfolder in the Rawr folder).

Mar 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Cool - I'll give it a shot and let you know.
Mar 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM
-- Double-post --
Mar 24, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Played around with this a bit and found it interesting that on the stat valuation, it doesn't put any weight on MP5 or Spirit even though I'm running out of mana in the simulation (Burst: 5987 vs Sustained 4456).

My custom model consisted of: FH:49, Pen:60, Prom:2 (5 hits), PW:S: 13.  This was taken from an actual heroic Patch fight lasting 266 seconds.  I set myself as 96% FSR, 62% replenishment, 90% Shadowfiend, and 71% Rapture.

The gear weighting values it comes up with on the regular Relative Stat Values are:
SPP: 2.06, Haste: 1.67, Crit: 1.61, Int: 0.44

If you check the Custom section, it shows:
SPP: 1, Haste: 1.67, Crit: 1.61, Int: 0.57

Since I'm running out, shoudln't it try to have me gear for more mana?

Edit: I'm using 2.2.0b5 now.
Developer
Mar 24, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2009 at 4:03 PM

The tooltips for Sustained and Burst are seperate for Custom mode, as things work a bit different.

Did you run out of mana in that fight? If not, then I think things work as expected. Keep on testing :)

I'm a bit more worried about the huge difference in the Custom/Regular Relative Stat Values tbh >_>

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Sorry, looks like I lost my last update:

Next, I took a heroic Noth encounter.  My custom model consisted of: FH:23, Pen:39, Renew: 1 (6 hits), ProM:19 (24 hits), PoH: 5,  PW:S: 44.  This fight lasted 404 seconds, and I was IFSR 82% of the time.  Only 36% replenishment this time, with 90% Shadowfiend, and 80% Rapture.

The gear weighting values it comes up with on the regular Relative Stat Values are:
MP5: 2.27, SPP: 2.27, Int: 1.51, Haste: 1.43, Spirit: 0.92, Crit: 0.92

If you check the Custom section, it shows:
MP5: 2.27, SPP: 1.79, Int: 1.79, Haste: 1.43, Spirit: 0.98, Crit: 0.92

In this fight, I didn't run out of mana, but I did pop both Shadowfiend and HoH.

And I know you said that custom doesn't update it, but FWIW it showed me as 5119 Burst Heal, 2390 Sustained.

Any other particular things you're looking for as far as feedback?  I keep the stat values screen up as I enter my custom cast values and I can see it change as I make my changes (like you'd expect).
Developer
Mar 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Custom DOES update Burst/Sustained, but if you mouseover them, you can see that they have slightly different meaning in the Custom mode.

The feedback I'm looking for, is if it seems to make results that match reality. Also I need to know if it is easy enough to use.

Mar 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Ah, ok.  I see now. That explains why the gap is so much larger.  Soa fight that isn't very taxing would result in a very low Sustained number, but that's not necessarily the best I could do -- it's just the output that I put out during that particularly fight.

I did have a question about the targets hit/ticks column: for ProM, is this the number of targets healed, or just hit?  IOW, I cast it on Tank1, he gets hit and it bounces to Tank2, who then get hit and it bounces to Warlock1, who just Lifetapped himself.  It then sits there until it expires.  

So, if this was my only use of ProM during the fight I should enter 1 ProM cast, but should it be 2 or 3 hits?
Developer
Mar 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Yes, the gap will be larger when healing isn't needed. Like with that fight.

Yeah, that could be made more clear. I mean how many times it actually HEALS, not lands. If you cast 1 ProM and it never jumps, you'd do 1 cast and 0 Hits.

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM
BTW, I have been very happy with the new changes.  I've taken a particularly strenuous fight and have been using that as my baseline.

One question, though: if you're using the custom model, is there any way to tell if you're going to run out of mana?

Also, any plans to have the way Rapture works change when you click the "3.1" checkbox or are you waiting for it to go live for that?
Developer
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:16 PM

To check if you are running out/low on mana, check the "Mana Options" under Role (mouseover)

Changes for 3.1 are coming, I just need to whip myself into doing it.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Awesome -- thanks!
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:56 AM
Any idea when we can expect the 3.1 talent tree to be released?

I don't mean to seem pushy.  You have done an absolutely amazing job and I'm just impatient to see the new stuff.

Thanks!
Developer
Apr 6, 2009 at 10:43 AM
It is coming. Unfortunately I will be away next week + some days due to Easter (damn bunny).
Apr 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Concerning PoM: Should the number of hits be per PoM cast or total?

So, if I cast two PoMs during a fight, and I get a total of 6 heals from them, should I have 2 casts and 3 hits or 2 casts and 6 hits?
Developer
Apr 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM
Total PoM hits should be correct. (If it isnt I will have to fix that at some time in the future). Reason for this is that the input boxes don't support fractions, so you simply type in how many times you cast it (Mana deduction) and how many times it healed (Efficiency).