Did You Know?

Topics: Rawr.Base
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM
Hey all. A new feature coming soon is a random tip about Rawr each time you launch it. So, we need some help coming up with tips! We're thinking something like the tips on the loading screens in WoW, that sort of thing.

"You can save talent builds by clicking the Save button, and then compare different builds in the Talent Specs chart."
 "You can use the All Buffs chart to find the best food, elixir, or flask for your character."
 "By marking the green diamond next to items, gems, and enchants, you indicate that you have them available to you. The Optimizer can use that information to find the best set of gear available to you, or to build a list of potential upgrades for you, and their upgrade values."
 "When using the Optimizer, you can use the Additional Constraints feature to enforce requirements such as being uncrittable, being hit capped, maintaining a certain level of survivability, a minimum haste %, and much much more."

Everyone, please contribute your own ideas! 
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:57 AM
A huge feature that I (and most of my guildies) missed is Batch Tools, and how useful it is. A tip or two about that would go a long way. For example,
* You can use Batch Tools to figure out which spec of yours performs the best given your gear!
* Rawr Batch Tools can help you find gear that's an upgrade for more than one of your specs!
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 6:24 AM
The tips that show up are pulled from the website, so I can add things and everyone will start (randomly) seeing them. I've just added those two, SaladFork, great stuff!

Keep it coming! :)
Apr 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM
* You can add restrictions to the optimizier, from crit-immunity to being hit capped.
* The direct-upgrades chart will quickly show you where your current gear is lacking.
Developer
Apr 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM
* If you can never remember which class gives which buff, you can set an option to display which class/spec gives each buff in Tools | Options | General Settings
* You can select which language (English, French, German, Spanish, Russian) to view the item names in by selecting your language in Tools | Options | General Settings

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:26 AM
* if an unmarked gem is selected by the optimizer, you might want to either disable those gemming template that include that gem, or uncheck the "make gems in gemming templates available to the optimizer" option.

(probably rewritten in better/more understandable English)
Developer
Apr 3, 2009 at 2:11 PM
how about

* You can edit which gems are available to the optimiser in Tools | Edit Gemming Templates

also

* Jewelcrafters can make their Dragons Eye gems available by ticking the Jeweler gems section in Tools | Edit Gemming Templates
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Awesome. Added those. More please! :)
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Here's a couple that I didn't find for looong time:

* You can force the optimizer to use only a particular gem combination for a piece of gear by CTRL-clicking the diamond in the gear list (it will turn blue)

* You can force the optimizer to use only a specific enchant for a piece of gear by right clicking-clicking the diamond and selecting the enchant (it will show a red dot)

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Good ones! Added.
Apr 3, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Holy cow, that was fast!  I just downloaded the beta and saw my suggestion in there already!  
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Like I said, the tips are pulled from the website, so as soon as I add them to the data file on the site here, everyone will start randomly seeing them. :)
Developer
Apr 6, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Astrylian have you noticed that all occurrences of non XML friendly characters such as greater than's, less thans etc in the tips are showing as gt; lt; instead of > and < etc.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Ah, good point, will fix that.
Apr 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM
*If Rawr seems to favor Int, Spi and MP5, you're probably running out of Mana.  Make sure you have all the relevant buffs checked.
Developer
Apr 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM
If Rawr seems to favour hit rating items and you are already at the unbuffed cap, you probably have forgotten to ensure you have hit buffs checked.