Display

Topics: Rawr.Base
Apr 10, 2009 at 6:11 PM
Really noob question here, but I am not able to see my 2nd trinket.  The display seems to be cutting off.  I don't see any scroll bars that would appear to affect the entire left frame.

Maximizing/resizing doesn't seem to help.  Is this a Vista issue maybe?

What am I missing?
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Can you post a screenshot? Only thing I can think of would be a hideously wrong DPI setting. Try right clicking on the desktop, choosing Personalize, then clicking Adjust Font Size (DPI) on the left, and setting it to Default.
Developer
Apr 10, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Also, what's your screen resolution?
Apr 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Here you go!

http://i42.tinypic.com/svrnrt.jpg

I also tried the Font thing, but it was already set to default.
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2009 at 2:52 AM
What happens happens when you resize it? Is your resolution just super tiny or something? What does the most recent beta look like?
Apr 11, 2009 at 4:50 AM
It let's me resize it a bit, but not much.

I have not tried the betas.  Should I?
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Again, what's your screen resolution? Are you using any UI modifications? Yes, try the betas.
Apr 11, 2009 at 3:06 PM
My screen resolution is 1280 X 720.  I tried the April 12 Beta and I can see about 50% of the second trinket slot, so some improvement.  I'm not sure what a UI modification is.  Can you tell me what that means?
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM
A UI modification is some other program you install that changes the look of your windows and various UI controls. However, sounds like that's not what's going on here.

Your vertical resolution is just really tiny. Can you increase your resolution? Is this some really small (and really wide-screen) screen like a netbook or something? Anyway, the betas should be fully usable to you, despite it being cut off a bit.
Apr 11, 2009 at 10:43 PM
Cranking up my resolution did fix the problem.  I guess I just let Vista pick the resolution when I bought this computer and never really messed around with it.

Thanks for the help!