Refreshing Item Data from Armory/Wowhead

Topics: Rawr.Base.Items
Apr 28, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Im finding that on a large number of items that if i right click on them and select refresh item data the items positon in the list of gear is changed depending on wether i choose to refresh from the armory or from wowhead.  They will either lose or gain dps.  Obviously this is rather confusing, and im not sure which to trust.
Apr 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM
In general Armory is less accurate because they don't give information about socket bonuses.
May 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM
Edited May 17, 2009 at 6:15 PM

One minor addition.  While Wowhead does the socket bonuses correctly it doesn't have trinket procs.  Only Armory seems to do this, which means manually updating each trinket.  If there's a better way I'd love to hear it :).

May 17, 2009 at 7:46 PM

What do you mean by 'Wowhead doesn't have trinket procs'? It certainly does, if we're talking about the same thing.

May 17, 2009 at 9:19 PM

For instance, the Mark of the War Prisoner trinket proc is 346 spellpower (20 sec / 2 min).  Refreshing from the Armory gives it this proc.  Refreshing from Wowhead removes the proc.

May 18, 2009 at 5:30 AM

What version of Rawr are you using. Using 2.2.4 when I refresh Mark of the War Prisoner from both wowhead and armory it correctly gets the 346 spellpower (20 sec / 2 min) proc, even when I manually edit it to be incorrect (so I know it's actually going out and overwriting its stats).

May 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM
Edited May 18, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Just tested again this morning.  Refreshing from Wowhead removes the proc info, Armory adds it back.  It's very reproducible on my system.

I also checked on a different computer with a fresh Rawr 2.2.4 install.  Out of the box the Mark of the War Prisoner does not have proc info.  Refreshing from Wowhead does not add it, refreshing from the Armory does add it and refreshing again from Wowhead removes it.

May 18, 2009 at 11:53 AM

What model? This may be a new Proc system vs old system.

May 18, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Shadowpriest model

Posting via email reply - hope it ends up in the correct topic!

On 5/18/09, TNSe <> wrote:
> From: TNSe
> What model? This may be a new Proc system vs old system.
May 18, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Depending on how fast I get this done this should not be a problem most likely in 2.2.5, but definately by 2.2.6.