boomkin + spirit-world glass?

Topics: Rawr.Moonkin
May 17, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I just noticed that this trinket was ranked fairly high up on the list. I found this somewhat surprising as Rawr doesn't believe that I run OOM. I understand that we get back 15% of spirit as damage, but it's hard for me to believe that 84 (+12.6sp) spirit and the use of 336 spirit (+50sp) should be ranked so high. I just noticed that they are going to be changing DPS contribution from spirit to be 30% which would make that +25 and +100 when procced.

Even so, I'm having a hard time understanding why that would rank higher than Embrace of the spider which has a static +98sp and a haste proc that would at least be useful for starfire...

Relative stat values: SP: 2.15, Crit: 1.19, Haste: 1.10, Spirit: .6

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 1:18 PM

First of all, Rawr.Moonkin is up-to-date with 3.1.2 changes, so you have to understand that spirit won't QUITE be as good for you on live yet.  That being said, realize that the proc on the Embrace is 505 haste, which is bad if Rawr says you should be using Wrath instead of Starfire.  One other thing to note is that Spirit is an attribute, which means the 84 and 336 numbers will not be the actual amounts you get in game; you will get more because of Kings, Imp Mark of the Wild, etc.  With all the multipliers from buffs and everything, the trinket should actually be quite decent once the spirit buff goes through.

May 18, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Re: Haste --- I didn't mean to say that. I was agreeing that the haste proc was only going to be useful during starfire.

My math is probably wrong, but iMOTW = 2% increase and Kings = 2% increase.

Therefore:

base: 84 spirit = 84*1.02*1.02*.3= 26sp

proc: 336 spirit = 336*1.02*1.02*.3 = 104sp

I don't know how often the trinket can br procd, but it seems like it would have be very often in order for +26sp (occasionally +130sp) is better than +98sp (once again completely ignoring the value of the haste proc)

Is there additional math I am missing?

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Ah, I figured it out.  It's a bug having to do with the fact that it's a Spirit clicky, which Rawr doesn't play nice with right now.  I'll get this into the next version; it requires a code change.

May 18, 2009 at 6:14 PM

That makes sense.  Does that effect the DPS ratings of other use-based trinkets in the moonkin model?

Coordinator
May 19, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Any trinket that does not have an on-use increase Spirit will be fine.  It was a mistake I made because I was focusing on Majestic Dragon Figurine and didn't take into account this trinket.