[Elemental] haste problem

Topics: Rawr.Elemental
May 18, 2009 at 10:29 PM

There appears to be a problem with certain amounts of haste causing the model to rank Elemental shaman items and dps negatively.  There seems to be a threshold at 386 haste - which for my shaman shows 2534 dps, but dropping it to 385 haste shows 2590 dps.  I first noticed this when it ranked my old weapon (titansteel guardian- 457 sp, crit 29) over my current one (hammer of the astral plane  - 461 sp, crit 42, haste 31, int 44) which is obviously incorrect.

May 19, 2009 at 3:37 PM

386 haste - 2534 dps with Titansteel Guardian

385 haste - 2590 dps with Hammer of Astral Plane

Your info appears to be flawed, if the only change made was weapon swapping.

May 19, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I was trying to figure out how the titansteel guardian could be ranked higher than a hammer of the astral plane, which is a superior weapon in every regard (+4 sp, +13 crit, +31 haste, +44 int difference).  So, I manually edited the haste on one of the weapons until I ran into that threshold of 385/386.  Keeping everything else the same it showed my char as 2590 dps at 385 haste, then editing the haste on the weapon to 1 higher at 386 dropped my dps to 2534.

Developer
May 19, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I posted on an issue related to this yesterday:

(Conclusions based on what I see on the GUI, I haven't looked at the model)

It appears the model is trying to determine the best rotation to use, based on haste (and possibly other factors). This drop in dps, seems to be related to a switch in the rotation (on the profile I looked at, went from 4LB to 5. The round up settings also seemed to affect this. Essentially I suspect it is a rounding issue, where another rotation is being selected based on some criteria, but when the full calculation is performed using the new rotation, the resulting dps actually is lower.

I don't know if there is a workaround from the user side.

Hopefully the developer will be able to find the "rounding" issue shortly. I believe Trolando is working on the elemental model, but I haven't seen him around much recently. Or is someone else looking at this model and I got confused with names again?

May 20, 2009 at 4:11 AM
Edited May 20, 2009 at 2:10 PM

It is indeed Trolando who is working on the addon, although from what I can tell he hasn't been around here or on EJ for a while.

When you do come back - or if someone else could - can 'minimum hit' be added as an optimizer variable? I hate running around under the hit cap, but currently there is only Overall Rating, Burst DPS Rating and Sustained DPS Rating available.

Also, the Totem of Wrath glyph is missing from the glyph choices in Options>Fight. It is showing up in the Talents>Glyphs pane yet none of those tickboxes actually appear to change anything.