DPSDK: Modeling question for BS, HS, OB, and SS

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK
May 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Why is the additional damage contribution from diseases for BS, HS, OB, and SS only applied to the contribution from weapon damage? 

My interpretation of the abilities indicates that the additional percent damage from diseases should apply to the base damage as well for BS, HS, and SS and possibly for sigil-based additional damage as well.  Is this interpretation incorrect?  Or has it been proven that the way it is currently modeled in Rawr.DPSDK is correct?

(I really don't want to be annoying but I do want to understand why it is currently modeled like it is...  Anyway, since I probably am getting annoying at this point, please accept my apologies.)

May 22, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I believe the tooltips for these abilities recieved a stealth rewording; I don't recall them being so blunt as "total damage increased by xx% for each disease..." when the change to % per disease first went live. As they stand now in rawr, they are definitely being modeled incorrectly, and I'm going to go change them right now.

May 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM

To be honest, I don't remember what they originally were when 3.1 went live and there's no "way back" machine on wowhead to find out what the abilities were in a previous patch or during the 3.1 PTR phase.  (And wowwiki in general seems to not have updated the abilities since 3.0.something.)

Anyway, thanks for looking at this and the other work you've been doing.  I'm sorry I've been such a pest.

May 22, 2009 at 7:42 PM

lol don't apologize, it's good having somebody double-checking everything, especially so thoroughly.

May 22, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Edited May 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Revision 34119 looks good except:

HSDmg *= (1f + 0.1f * (float)calcOpts.rotation.avgDiseaseMult) * (1f + stats.BonusPerDiseaseHeartStrikeDamage);

should look like:

HSDmg *= 1f + 0.1f * (float)calcOpts.rotation.avgDiseaseMult * (1f + stats.BonusPerDiseaseHeartStrikeDamage);

The 4pc T8 bonus only affects the disease damage, not the damage from the entire attack.  This is probably why it seemed too high.

Edit: BS, OB, and SS have issues like this too.  I just used HS as my example.

May 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM

mm yeah, that makes much more sense.