Rawr and my alts stable. Saving profiles to xml

Topics: Rawr.Base.ItemFilters
May 25, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Hello I wonder would it be possible to change RAWR so it would save filters to current char xml file.

Situation is like that. I have few 80lvl chars. All of them have diffrent professions. I can go with my main anywhere, one of my alts is rdy for Naxx 25man when other 2 still better stay in Naxx10. So everytime I load my main char I have to enabled loot from all instances and all emblems but when I load one of my alts I have to unclick lots of of filters so I dont see loot from Ulduar as I wont ever go there

Coordinator
May 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM

In order to save filter information with the characters we would have to save complete filter information, not just which are enabled, because one can edit the filters and as a result opening the character after the filters are changed or on a different machine would give unexpected results. If we decide to implement this it would probably not be a default, but as an option to save filters with the character.

May 26, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Would this potential change also allow us to more easily keep several "versions' of one toon in a single file? I have a Resto/Boom druid who carries 3 complete sets of Gear. A Resto set, a Raid boomkin set and a Heroics Boomkin set(lvl 82 boss). I currently have 3 different files to try to keep updated on this toon, and have to manually add gear to each one to check for usefullness..and try to swap between each one during a raid to figure out if it will in fact be an upgrade to any of my "roles". I.E. while raiding Boomkin, i will have the Raid Boomkin optimized one loaded, but if a "healing" piece drops, i would like to know if it is an upgrade for offspec rolls.

For guild runs it is not an issue to save out and reload the toon in most cases, but when in a PUG the roll calls are often to fast to get it done.

Thanks a ton for all the work on the project

Coordinator
May 27, 2009 at 12:20 AM

For handling several characters take a look at Batch Tools (and its corresponding entry in Help, probably needs a more intuitive name).

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Is there still no way to have the filters set up differently on each character ?

I have 3 characters with different goals = 1 is top-end raider, 1 is ToC 25 material, the last is only for heroics.

Having to continually change the filters gets tedious very quickly.

Mar 2, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I'm in the same situation with my characters.  Saving the filters would be very nice.

I also make hefty use of the batch tools, although the UI is a bit clunky now compared to the rest of Rawr.  Also, with some of the models, the increase in optimise time over the last 5+ releases has made the batch tools useless as having gear marked for more than one spec takes way to long to optimise.  At one stage my druid had a batch tool with DPS, Tank, Heals & Boom sets and I could have all his gear marked and do progressive optimises nicely - now it just isn't an option.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 2:28 AM

We know filters should be saved per character, and will be changing that in the future. In the mean time, you can swap your ItemFilters.XML file around, while Rawr is closed.

Developer
Mar 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I don't know that part of rawr atm, just throwing in an idea here...

Filter settings are already being saved.  If you would have an option to name a particular filter setup, and have a means to create multiple named filters.  Then you could just have the used filtername associated with a character, rather than the actual filter setup.

Load a character, If it refers to a filter, try loading that filter profile, if it's not there, use the default.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Astrylian wrote:

We know filters should be saved per character, and will be changing that in the future. In the mean time, you can swap your ItemFilters.XML file around, while Rawr is closed.

I've had a look and can't find the ItemFilters.XML file. Can you point me to its location please. I'm using Vista.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM
OReubens wrote:

I don't know that part of rawr atm, just throwing in an idea here...

Filter settings are already being saved.  If you would have an option to name a particular filter setup, and have a means to create multiple named filters.  Then you could just have the used filtername associated with a character, rather than the actual filter setup.

Load a character, If it refers to a filter, try loading that filter profile, if it's not there, use the default.

That would be the ideal solution, and is probably what Astrylian hinted at with "will be changing that in the future". So, hopefully it will be added in the near future :)

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 8:05 PM
xerty wrote:
Astrylian wrote:

I've had a look and can't find the ItemFilters.XML file. Can you point me to its location please. I'm using Vista.

...huh? There's only one folder of data files, Data. It's in there. Oh, it's ItemFilter.xml, no 's'.

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Astrylian wrote:
xerty wrote:
Astrylian wrote:

...huh? There's only one folder of data files, Data. It's in there. Oh, it's ItemFilter.xml, no 's'.

Ah, ItemFilter no 's'. No wonder the search could not find it :) Thanks.