DPSDK: Clicking Sort overall outputs are different each time

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK
May 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Sorry if this has been brought up already but it was tough to search for and it may be easily answered so I hope you don't mind.

If I click Sort: Overall > Overall or Sort Overall > DPS it shows a different list each subsequent time I click it.  What's the difference each  time I click it?  I don't know what upgrades are correct now and I think I just spent 1K Gold on the wrong item... not complaining, just showing the impact of the lack of explanation. 

Example: I have a DPSDK and found that the Titanium Earthguard Chain necklace was presented as a better upgrade over the Titanium Impact Choker.  I searched several different discussions about this and sure enough, the added stg and armor added enough AP to make the Earthguard better even though it's considered a "tanking" necklace.  However, I clicked Sort: Overall > Overall and it resorted and now says the Impact is better.  To be honest, the dps shuffles around 3-5 dps difference eitherway so I think the Earthguard was still a good choice for it's dual purpose value but now I don't know which is better in other areas that compares a true DPS to DPS item.

Thanks for the awesome program!  I've been using it for a long time and have had only minor quirks that I could figure out, I'm stuck on this one.

May 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM

OK, I just realized something that changes, the value of the increments changes. I'm still not sure why the total dps value can change so much however.  Maybe it's just my problem with understanding the differences of the increments.

By default I think it increments dps every 10 points.  One click may change it to 8.75, another back to 10 with a base of -10, another back to 10... 8.57... 7.14... etc.  I'm still confused about the total dps value changes when the increments stay the same.  Right now at a value of 10, it shows the necklace as 41.21 dps... at 8.75 it jumps to 57.11 but a few more clicks and at 8.75 it backs down to 41.21.  What changed?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

May 26, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I don't understand the issue as presented.  What "increments" and "points" are you referring to?

Here's the behavior I could reproduce:

• For a given display, change Sort from Overall to DPS.  This shows the items in DPS order.  (This is the same as Overall since there is no rating for survival.
  • Change Sort from DPS to DPS.  This reorders the items in a strange order (maybe the order of how items are loaded?).  However, the ratings for each item do not change.
  • Changing Sort back to Overall restores it to DPS order.
  • Changing Sort from Overall to Overall results in no change.
Jun 11, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Sorry Soraia, I thought you were right about resetting the Sort but I was just switching through each piece of gear and all of a sudden I noticed the Pendant of the Outcast Hero crushing the other 2 necklaces by a margin of 11 DPS.  I tried resetting it by clicking Sort > DPS and then back to Sort > Overall and it changed the values but now my Earthguard Chain was back on top?  I did it several more times and sure enough it's all over the map.  the values are usually pretty similar but there is no clear winner of these 3 items using this method.

It seems the only way I can get consistent results is by closing the program completley and reopening before changing to a new piece of gear.

The scale values are at the top that mark the lines going doing.  They are supposed to be just a graphical representation but the numbers do change and my only reason for bringing them up is they are the only other thing that has a random value change every time.  I'm still lost, does no one else have this problem?

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Yeah, there's a major bug in the DPSDK model in 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 where something wasn't being thread-safe.  See discussion #58417 and issues #13346 and #13355.  Bloodysorc committed a change after 2.2.6 was released which should fix this.  This behavior should hopefully not appear in 2.2.7.

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Thanks for the replies Soraia!  I look forward to 2.2.7 then. :)  This is still a fantastic program and I'm actually glad the only mistake I made was buying a tank necklace as it is still very good for tanking even when I get a true dps necklace.  So in my case, I'm cool... but I have about 100 badges and 80K honor saved up and I'm unsure of what to spend stuff in at the moment... I rely on this program too much some times :)

Very good, I'll watch the referenced Discussions you gave... thanks for finding them better than I could. 

http://rawr.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=58417

I read thisissue before but didn't attribute my problem to the gemming issues mentioned.

http://rawr.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=13355

And here's the third you mentioned for mine (and others) easy reference. 

http://rawr.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=13346

I'm glad the devs find time around their work schedule to keep up with this fantastic... and free... program.