[Cat] Imp WF vs Imp Icy Talons

Topics: Rawr.Base.Buffs, Rawr.Cat
Jun 3, 2009 at 9:13 AM

When I look at the the buffs contributions to my dps, I see a difference between imp WF and Imp Icy talons. Afaik they are both supposed to give +20% haste, but the tooltip under the buff pane says Imp WF is 16+3.45= 19.45% haste. (Just a tooltip error?)

In the comparisons part, if I list all buffs currently in play on my char, Imp Icy talons graphically displays to contribute a lot more to my dps than Imp WF does (20% more) Why is that?

However, under the Stats pane it displays my dps as the same with Imp WF and Imp Icy talons. (So I guess my total dps is displayed correctly whether I chose Imp WF or Imp Icy Talons)

Developer
Jun 3, 2009 at 11:25 AM
Edited Jun 3, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Rawr is actually handling it as (1 + 0.16) * (1 + 0.0345) - 1 = 0.20 (or 20%)

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Windfury is made up of two buffs (Windfury and Imp Windfury). Imp Icy Talons is all one buff. So of the buff charts, they appear different, because you're seeing the full Imp Icy Talons (20%) compared to the plain Windury (16%), and then there's another Imp Windfury (4%) way down the list. Imp Windfury is listed as 3.45%, not 4%, as TNSe explained, because we handle all haste effects multiplicatively, and since it got broken into 2 buffs, that need to be additive with each other, we adjusted it down to 3.45%, which totals to 20% when multiplied.