DKDPS module busted?

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK
Jun 4, 2009 at 7:39 AM
Edited Jun 4, 2009 at 7:54 AM

It seems that some kind of bug has been introduced into the DKDPS module. Whenever i sort items, even when not changing the type of sorting (ie overall, alphabetical etc), item positions change and some items even receive negative values. I have even seen occassions where T7 items with identical gemming and enchanting and set bonusses feature higher up (have a higher rating) than their T7.5 counterpart, even though the T7.5 counterpart is stat for stat a direct upgrade, which gets corrected when i sort, or edit and save without modifying. I dont encounter this issue in any of the other modules.

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Yes, DPSDK is horribly useless in 2.2.5. Just use 2.2.4 for now until the bug is fixed in 2.2.6.

Jun 4, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I have noticed through some usage today, that if you avoid the lists created by the optimizer/upgrade list/suggestion list (the one on the right), and stick purely to clicking on the item on your character sheet, you do appear to get accurate results.

You can thus still use the module effectively, although a lot more work on your part.

Jun 5, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Still busted as of 2.2.6 and stil no dev DK response...

Jun 5, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Bloodysorc? It looks like you implemented some sort of instability. Like, randomness, or a threading conflict (ie, using some shared memory; don't do that).

Jun 5, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I've got some ideas for what may be wrong; I've been busy with my first full-time job the past couple weeks, but I plan on sorting out some of the new messes I made today/this weekend.

Jun 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM

The module does seem slightly more stable in 2.2.6 than 2.2.5. I am not getting the drastic re-gem suggestions that I was getting in 2.2.5 (although it did suggest I regem to gain a +9 stamina socket bonus.....)

Additionally, when building an upgrade list, it will show an item in my current setting as a DPS upgrade, with the same setup I am currently using. Again, probably related to whatever issues currently exist.

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Alright, just commited code that should make the model no longer horrendously broken.

Jun 11, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I'm noticing a problem in 2.2.6 with DPS values changing when you change stamina buffs.  Is this related?

Jun 11, 2009 at 3:39 AM

Yes, a version release is required for the fixes made last weekend. 2.2.6 and 2.2.5 are quite broken.