Ice Spire Sceptor doesn't get listed for Healadin

Topics: Rawr.Healadin
Jun 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM

The Ice Spire Sceptor seems to me to be a legitimate Healadin weapon considering that it's a 1H mace with 461 SP and 38 Haste, but I can't get Rawr to list it or allow it as a gear option.

MaxDps.com lists it as better than the Grieving Spellblade, which is what I'm using now, but I can't tell how Rawr rates it. How do I get it into the list?

Developer
Jun 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM

It seems the Healadin module is strongly opposed to using items that have spirit on them.

Quick workaround: Go Tools->Edit Items, Search for it using the filter and edit it to set the spirit to 0. Now it should show up in the list.

Jun 8, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Seems silly that it's left off the list just because it has Spirit on it, but that did indeed work. Thanks.

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:35 AM

The same logic appears to apply if a weapon has +hit. The Blade of the Keening Banshee has 0 spirit, but was still not being listed as a Healadin main-hand weapon. Editing the item to remove its +29 hit caused it to appear.

Is an update to the Healadin module in the works? It seems odd to discount weapons with irrelevant stats--their other stats may make the weapon a viable choice, especially as Blizzard seems to be heading towards making items more general in terms of their applicability.

Aug 26, 2009 at 9:44 PM

In the current (as yet unreleased) code base, Ermad has added two check boxes to the Healadin "Options" tab: "Ignore Spirit Items" and "Ignore Hit Items". Having downloaded, built and tested it, I can say that it addresses the issues raised here perfectly (i.e., items with hit and/or spirit will now be listed if the check boxes are unchecked). Thank you!