Holy Priest "Custom" Role

Topics: Rawr.HealPriest
Jun 13, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

I'm finding the "Custom" role option very difficult to use for Holy Priests - it's quite difficult to figure out what values I should put in, even though I know my usual "cast sequence" in a variety of different situations.

The default "Holy - Raid" cast list of PoM, CoH, FH, FH, PoH, CoH, FH, FH, PoH is not bad, but is really for when the raid is taking heavy damage only - in most raid healing situations I wouldn't use this cast list, so I really need to create a custom role to get accurate results.  When I clicked "Custom" the first time, I expected to see a way to create my own "cast list", but didn't find anything so simple.

I am wondering if there is a possibility of adding this in the future, for the somewhat less mathematical users amongst us :/  Otherwise, is there a guide somewhere of how to figure out what values to put in the Custom Role to reflect our usual cast list?

Thanks for your consideration.

Jun 13, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Well the custom healing mode currently just assumes that you have an arbitrary rotation which has the casts you provided being used, and you use a SoL every chance you get (assuming your quota of flash heals hasn't been hit yet). One way of populating values for this is to just look at a WWS/WMO/WOL of a recent raid you've done and plug in relative frequencies of your spellcasts from there (taking care to account for multi-target casts correctly.