Manually Applying Patches

Topics: Rawr.Base
Jun 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hey all, sorry for my ignorance, but I can't figure out how to apply one of the patches. I understand the building from source code part, and it works great with Visual C# Express, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to patch the source code. I tried using Cygwin but I don't know the commands. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. The patch I'm referring to is Lord Helmchen's Elemental patch, ID 2993.

P.P.S. I have TortoiseSVN installed, and I tried right-clicking Elemental.Patch and selecting "Apply patch..." but it gives me an error message: The line indicating the new file was expected in line 2 ! Doing it the long way by actually opening TortoiseMerge isn't working either.

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2009 at 5:34 AM

You don't need to apply or handle any patches. You just get the source code. Unless you are a developer, you have no need for SVN. Just download the source code, from the Source Code tab of the site.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:13 PM

To apply a patch generated using diff you need to use the "patch" command, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_(Unix)

If this is not available in your cygwin installation then you need to run the cygwin installer again and select it from the list.

~Droid

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2009 at 10:33 PM

While you *can* use patches, you shouldn't; you have no need to.

Jul 6, 2009 at 4:29 PM

any word on when the Lord Helmchen patch is going to be integrated?   if you want, I can give you the patch in SVN compatible format.

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2009 at 2:24 AM

What patch # is it?

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:05 AM

patch 2993