Equipping Items

Topics: Rawr.Base.Items
Jun 22, 2009 at 4:07 PM

On some of the modules, DPSWarrior, ProtWarrior, Rogue, etc., it only shows a comparison list on the right for the armor itself.  I know the modules I mentioned aren't complete and still need some more work.  The other items, neck, rings, trinkets, MH & OH, only show what is equipped.  Is there a way to equip a different item in Rawr to see the difference if there is nothing else showing in the list?  I use rawr a lot for guildies to find upgrades for the fresh 80s and its kind of hard to do that if I can't compare different items for all the slots.

Developer
Jun 22, 2009 at 6:24 PM

It sounds like your ItemCache is not populated, try running a 'Load possible Upgrades from Armory' and then from Wowhead to see if that populates it for you.

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Edited Jun 22, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I tried what you suggested and it didn't change anything.  I am using Rawr 2.2.7 DPSWarrior module.  If you want to see the character i am using, the name is Justme and the realm is Draka, on the US servers.  The Neck, Back, Rings & Trinkets i only see what is equipped. I also have just the Dungeons & Crafted filters enabled since he isn't ready for heroics.

Developer
Jun 22, 2009 at 7:07 PM

If you have it that limited in filters, try enabling more of them. I'll try your character out myself later today

Jun 22, 2009 at 7:31 PM
Edited Jun 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I just tried enabling them all to see what happens and it doesn't show anymore than what is equipped.  Is there a way to wipe out the ItemChache and start over?

Developer
Jun 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Redownload Rawr

Developer
Jun 22, 2009 at 10:35 PM

To be clear. DELETE the old Rawr folder and install fresh. Its a common mistake for people to install things over the top of old stuff. This rarely produces a good result.

Jun 23, 2009 at 1:49 AM

What i meant by "wipe out the ItemCache and start over" is have no items in there and just load a character from the armory, download upgrades to populate it that way.

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2009 at 3:21 AM

What i meant by "wipe out the ItemCache and start over" is have no items in there and just load a character from the armory, download upgrades to populate it that way.

Do not do this. Just re-download Rawr, and start from scratch. Starting with an empty ItemCache is a bad idea.

Jun 23, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Ok, i re-downloaded Rawr, but am still having the same problems with those modules.  It is fine for Protpaladin & Healadin, and both priest modules as well.  since the hunter & warlock modues aren't done, neither is rogue, i haven't used those ones yet.  i mentioned rogue before because i was checking to see if it did the same thing on a module that is at least partially ready.

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Can you clarify what your problem is then? If you see only a few/equipped items in the charts, that means either A) your ItemCache is busted; though you say you already re-downloaded, so probably... B) You have a ton of things filtered out. Recheck everything in the top right.

Jun 23, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I am trying to find upgrades for a warrior in my guild that just hit 80.  He is dual spec'd.  His primary is Arms and secondary is Protection.  I load his profile from the armory into Rawr and run an upgrade search from the armory then from wowhead.  First i have everything but Dungeons & Crafted unchecked in the filter, since he isn't ready for heroics yet.  The any gear for the neck, back, rings & trinkets only show what he has equipped already and nothing else.  I start enabling more filters till eventually everything is checked in the filter list and still it only shows what he has equipped on the right side.  When he logs out on his prot spec, i do the same thing as i do with his dps spec and still, it only shows the neck, back, rings & trinkets he has equipped.  there is no other gear in the list for those slots to compare with to find upgrades.  The warrior i am talking about i mentioned in a previous post.  He logged out in his dps spec earlier.

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Ohh, Tools > Refine Types of Items Listed..., recheck everything you can. You filtered out all Misc items, probably.

Jun 23, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Ok, i enabled it and now i get a list for thost slots.  I always mistaken that for just offhand items.  I unchecked it quite a bit since i didn't want a "Held in Off Hand" item for my rogue.  Thanks for the help.