Optimizing for Elemental shaman

Topics: Rawr.Base.Optimizer, Rawr.Elemental
Jun 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I've been using rawr for my mage and it has worked quite well when i try to optimize gear for her. But when it comes to my elemental shaman, the optimizer try to equip gear that gives my shaman X mana per 5 second even though the spell power/haste/crit might be less than the equipment one.

for example

Head currently equiped- Val Earthshatter Helm (99 sp, 51 crit, 88 haste)

chosen by optimzer - Headpiece of Fungal Bloom (99sp, 34 crit, 20 Mp5)

Wrist current equiped - Bands of Mutual respect (56sp,43crit,20haste)

choosen by optimizer - Iron rings of endurance (59 sp, 36 crit, 12 Mp5)

Is there any setting that needs to be changed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I have also have this issue, the helm of vieled energies from 10man XT is saying that the helmet of inner sanctum is a downgrade of over 60dps. -30 less spell power, about 20 less crit and less haste/int..

also saying that mp5 > haste gear as well. Could it possibly be that the Resto code is in with the elemental code and mixing up?

Developer
Jun 26, 2009 at 5:58 AM

Generally, if haste is a negative value, and MP5 is a positive value, it believes you are running out of mana.  If you have set everything to work properly, then there could be an error in the module running you out of mana.   I would check in the issue tracker and see if any of the current issues are similart to yours.

Also, due to the nature of the way it's put together, I very much doubt Resto code is in the Elemental code, you can trust me on that one, it's just not put together that way.