[ProtWarr] Overall Points

Topics: Rawr.ProtWarr
Jun 27, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Why is it that as a blank character i have 150k+ overall points? Shouldn't that be zero (or near zero)

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Uhh, no? Why would it? You have alot more than 0 health while naked, alot more than 0 armor, you still have def stance, etc. Naked characters certainly have some tanking value, just like they have some DPS value.

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:03 AM

While not completely related can we decide on what should be standard for talent spec comparisons. I've changed it a few times to show it as todal dps/other ratings the model generates, but someone keeps changing it to having unspecced be shown as zero.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I haven't been changing it, but that does seem more consitent to me; items are valued as [value with item] - [value with slot empty]. Seems right that talent specs would be valued as [value with talent spec] - [value with talents empty]. However, that said, I realize that you're typically trying to compare what your dps would be with different specs. Is there any other reason to go with total value?

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM

No other reason, it just doesn't give me much information if it says that a spec is worth 4k dps without knowing how much an unspecced character does.

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:13 AM

I also believe I copied Kavan's code to allow for default buffs to be set up, so it's quite possible a blank character created for ProtWarr would have full raid buffs as well.

The exact numbers may change or whatever if we standardize down on some other formulas for ratings, but it definitely would not be 0 for a naked character for all thre reasons that Astrylian mentioned. A naked character still has something like 12-13% avoidance and a number of stats which contribute to the formula returning a positive result.