Lack of Enchant optimisation

Topics: Rawr.Base, Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Jul 2, 2009 at 1:36 AM

I have used Rawr a fair bit about 3 months ago and thought I knew what I was doing.

I have recently changed from elemental to enchance with my shammy and I am trying to use RAWR to optimise my gemming / enchants for this spec. I used charater profiler to transfer my equiped and banked items into rawr. I have deliberately not enchanted any items prior to importing them as I wanted to see what RAWR suggested. I noticed that the diamond box next to each item had a red dot next to it which I assume means it is limiting the options for enchants. I went through each item and under the right click option I selected ANY enchant for all the items I have in my bank / equiped. I dont recall having to do this when I have used this program in the past, and it was quite annoying.

I then ran an optimisation of my current gear, and for some reason it didn't suggest any enchants. I have run multiple optimisations, with override regem / override reenchant box checked and unchecked. Each time it doesn't alter any of the enchant options. I have gone through and manually selected enchants that I thought would be useful and rerun the optimisation. However it returns suggestions with most of the items unenchanted.

Am I missing something here?

As I have said I haven't had these troubles previously with this fantastic program

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2009 at 2:30 AM

What you're missing is that 'ANY' means any enchant that you have available. You need to mark enchants as available as well, on the Enchant charts.