Rawr.Bear - Infected Wounds, Demoralizing Roar, and model comparison questions

Topics: Rawr.Bear
Jul 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2009 at 10:12 PM

The Infected Wounds talent seems to have no effect on the Mitigation Stats or Damage Taken and there is also no Boss Attack Speed section under the Buffs tab like there is in the Rawr.Tankadin model. Is this intended?

Is the -20% attack speed debuff being applied in the Rawr.Bear module anywhere?

I don't see any debuff section or an option to calculate attack power reduction abilities in the model. Is it assumed that Demoralizing Roar is being used when calculating Damage Taken or Incoming DPS or is there an option that I'm missing? Does the Feral Aggression talent affect this?

Is the Damage Taken from other models (e.g. Rawr.Tankadin) directly comparable to that of the Rawr.Bear model? I have two toons, a Paladin and Druid and would like to compare their damage taken to see how much of a difference swapping them at their current gear level would be. Can Rawr be used for this purpose or should each module only be compared with itself?

Thanks for this awesome tool!

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2009 at 10:56 PM

See the Options tab regarding attack speed, and other threads about this regarding comparison between models.

Developer
Jul 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM

In terms of the debuffs:

It doesn't seem as if BossAttackSpeedMultiplier (Infected Wounds/etc.) is being used in any of the tanking models. (The buffs exists, but aren't being considered relevant by any of the models).

None of the AP reduction (demoralishing shout/roar abilities/improvement talents) seem to be used in any of the tanking models at this stage, in fact I cannot even find the buffs.

In terms of comparing against models: The short summary is that it isn't exact. It sounds like survival scores are getting closer to being comparable, more differences in mitigation to be sorted out. I think the big difference will still be due to cooldowns (a cooldown available to everyone of the base class, possibly doesn't need to be modelled, if it doesn't affect gear choices. Also if there aren't talents to improve it, basically nothing to optimise around it. but if you compare between models, suddenly it becomes relevant since that other class doesn't have it).

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Thanks for the reply.  It may be a setting I've adjusted but the Boss Attack Speed section of the Buffs tab does reduce the Damage Taken on the Stats tab in the Rawr.Tankadin model.  I also notice that there isn't a 1.6 Boss attack speed option in that module, it skips from 1.5 to 1.75 so there is no way to accurately reduce the bosses attack speed by 20% (0.4) without checking the box in the Buff section.  I was curious why the option was available in one model but not the next.  I assume that adjusting the Boss Attack Speed as Astrylian suggested to 1.6 does the same thing as checking the box(es) in the Rawr.Tankadin model.