Dual Spec interface / Talents spec

Topics: Rawr.Base
Jul 9, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Much thanks for all the work done on this tool. I am consistently the top dps in many raids and I attribute it  to the gear/gem/enchant selection that I get from Rawr. This tool is awesome!

There are a couple of features that would really make Rawr over the top for me, and maybe someone would like to implement these:

First of all, on my mage, my talent spec is not one of the predefined specs, and as I upgrade to each new version of RAWR I have to create it all over again, (to show up in the dropdown) could this be carried over as part of the character?  Is there a file I can just copy over?  Would there be a point where the file is not compatible with the new version?

Second, I am dual spec'ed arcane and frost, and in order to see which gear I need to equip as each spec, I have to set the talents then go swap around the glyphs, then run the optimizer, then swap everything back. Could you make it easier to track dual-specs so I could switch between the specs and glyphs with a drop down or radio button, and then run the optimizer for that build?

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM

For talents you can just copy over Talents.xml, it should be compatible most of the time unless there are big changes to talent trees (like a completely new talent added or something similar). For two-spec situation I would suggest using two separate xml files for that. You can use the batch tools to help you organize several files, check the help on that.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Ah you mean using two seperate character xml files. I didn't think of that. Good call :)