New Logo/Icon for Rawr

Topics: Off-Topic
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2009 at 3:18 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2009 at 5:19 AM

Hey all,

With the next major version of Rawr, I'd like to have a new icon and logo. However, I'm not much of a graphic designer (or at least, don't have enough time to put into it), so I'm calling to the community for help! Any good with making this sort of thing? Help out! I'll pick the best from all the submissions to be used as the logo and icon for Rawr v3. Details as follows:

• Icon must come in sizes 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, and 128x128.
  • Logo must look good on a light colored background.
  • Deadline is August 7th. (Updated: Moved to Aug7, so as not to coincide with Blizz's Fan Art Contest)
  • You don't have to submit both an icon and a logo, just one of them is fine too.
  • Icon can be of anything WoW related that you think would represent Rawr.
  • Logo should contain the Rawr name, and may or may not include the icon.
  • To submit an icon/logo, e-mail it to cnervig@hotmail.com. I will be posting them here in this thread, as they're sent to me.

I look forward to seeing what you all can come up with! Let me know if there are any questions. :)

Entries So Far

Potential Logo #1

Potential Logo #2

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 8:25 AM

New deadline: August 7th. (Updated: Moved to Aug7, so as not to coincide with Blizz's Fan Art Contest)

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:04 AM
Edited Jul 27, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Maybe it should be added that the logo fit into the current dynamic splash screen without too much extra work, and (this is no criticism of the above submission, but a desire of all works) do not have any restrictions beyond a Creative Commons Attribution license.

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Well, yes. Logo should fit in the same basic spots that it currently does. And yeah, no restrictions on use beyond Creative Commons.

Developer
Jul 28, 2009 at 10:38 PM

There's an artwork thread on MMO Champion where I am a moderator, so I've contacted the thread author and asked if he or any of his artists could help.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Hey. Deadline is closed. There are several more submissions, I'll get them posted here, been out of town all weekend.

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Where's the posts for the other sumissions?

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Keep getting pulled into other things; still coming! Sorry!