Suggestions

Topics: Rawr.Base
Jul 20, 2009 at 8:23 AM

This stuff probably would belong better in a Rawr 3.0 thread, but I didn't see any on a search... so here goes, and I apologize if I missed a better thread.

1. Armory import of reputations, allowing Rawr to mark rep-based items and enchants as available by default (user option).

2. Currently, running the Optimizer is an all-or-nothing process. You let it finish completely, or you cancel it.

2a. An option to Pause would be nice. This computer I'm on is having a bit of a time handing Rawr's chewing along with my desire to fill that time reading comic strips online. It would be nice to be able to pause Rawr for a moment, load up something, then resume Rawr.

2b. A suspend option would be even nicer. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours to complete an upgrade list; if I run out of time to use the computer before it's done, I have to cancel and lose it all. It'd be awesome to save a partially-done optimize or upgrade list, move computers and resume (I use Rawr on a flash drive).

Thank you all so much for your work!

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:20 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2009 at 4:25 AM

I would simply like to see the ability to turn on and off via a tickbox BOE and BOP items, this way I could build a wishlist sourced purely from the AH.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Another thing I'd like to see or at least have configurable... mouse-over tooltips when Rawr is not the focused window. Currently whenever I want to see any tooltips in Rawr, I have to actually select it as the main window first. I can see not wanting it popping up tooltips all the time, but there are definitely times I'd prefer it otherwise.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:44 PM
solitha wrote:

Another thing I'd like to see or at least have configurable... mouse-over tooltips when Rawr is not the focused window. Currently whenever I want to see any tooltips in Rawr, I have to actually select it as the main window first. I can see not wanting it popping up tooltips all the time, but there are definitely times I'd prefer it otherwise.

This.    Especially when using the batch tools.  Every time I change to a different spec in my batch, I have to click on the window to bring up a tooltip to see if the progressive optimiser changed gemming etc.   Wow's tooltips do this which is great as I can have Rawr as my active window open over wow and compare my equipped gear with the Rawr optimised set. 

Also when I am copying info from Rawr into an excel spreadsheet to printout a list of stuff I want to keep an eye on :)

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2009 at 1:28 AM
RareBeast wrote:
solitha wrote:

This.    Especially when using the batch tools.  Every time I change to a different spec in my batch, I have to click on the window to bring up a tooltip to see if the progressive optimiser changed gemming etc.   Wow's tooltips do this which is great as I can have Rawr as my active window open over wow and compare my equipped gear with the Rawr optimised set. 

Also when I am copying info from Rawr into an excel spreadsheet to printout a list of stuff I want to keep an eye on :)

This will work in Rawr3.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Can you make it manditory that PTR changes require a tickbox?  Some of us update our source via SVN regulary and it's a real pain when PTR-only stuff sneaks in.

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Honestly, no. PTR changes, especially base-level ones, will be put into code before release, and it just needs to be dealt with. Typically, they'll never be put into a release like that, with the obvious exception being when we release right before a patch... ...a patch that ends up not coming out, unfortunately. But building it yourself, we assume you always have the power to adjust anything like the arpen nerf, since you're building the codebase.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Separating the bug-fixes from the PTR code is quite hard for a novice.  :\

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2009 at 4:21 AM

I realize that. In the case of ArPen, it's a pretty obvious constant near the top of /Base/StatConversion.cs. You can ask for similar things if they come up in the future.

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:19 AM

Wait, the ArPen nerf is already in the source?

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2009 at 5:58 AM

Yes, it's even in 2.2.15. We released .15 on Monday, expecting 3.2.2 to be released the next morning, so included it. Turns out, that expectation was wrong.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:16 AM
Edited Sep 12, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Ok so I need to change this line:

public const float RATING_PER_ARMORPENETRATION = 1231.6239f

To look like this?:

public const float RATING_PER_ARMORPENETRATION = 1231.6239f / (1.1f/1.25f)
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Other way around, but yes.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Other way around?  Ok now i'm totally confused.  Doesn't increasing the value of RATING_PER_ARMORPENETRATION increase the amount of rating needed per % of ArPen?

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Yes. "/ (1.1f/1.25f)" is the nerf. That increases it to ~1400.

The currently checked in version is:

public const float RATING_PER_ARMORPENETRATION = 1231.6239f / (1.1f/1.25f) ;

To 'unnerf' it, change it to:

public const float RATING_PER_ARMORPENETRATION = 1231.6239f;

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Ok, thanks, sorry for being easily confused ;)

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I apologize if this is already somewhere else, but it's something I came up with in the middle of clicking diamonds...

Suggestion - a "lock all equipped" of some sort that will automatically mark blue diamonds and red dots where applicable, and clear optional gemmings if any are listed for the equipped items.

Then again this is probably doable through Batch tools somehow, but I've yet to do any experimenting with it ><