[ProtPaladin] Boss damage default

Topics: Rawr.ProtPaladin
Aug 2, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Hello, the default boss damage number is 25000 before armor atm, and is therefore giving strength and block value a higher rating, i think this should be changed to 50k as most bosses do close to that if not more than that in Uld.

While it can be changed not everyone will do this, as i believe RAWR is meant to be used for the latest content 50k seems more reasonable as a default.

Thanks.

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:22 PM

This is a very good question as I used RAWR to manually edit the BV values to the new PTR ones for Ulduar pieces, and it came up with every BV piece being massively better than anything else.

What would be great is if the dmg is set to the current level of raid bosses melee.

What would be FANTASTIC is if there were a drop down below the slide bar that choose certain bosses because we know what their base physical raw damage is. For example Kolo might be 50,000, XT might be 40,000, etc. There would be a drop down (default) for avg T8 boss, avg T7 boss (not Heigen or Loatheb), avg T9 boss, avg T10 expected boss. That would be great!

My two cents!

Developer
Aug 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM

We are working on a Boss selection system so that you have a dropdown similar to how the Filters dropdown looks and a specific boss and see how your gear measures to that fight. This would factor how much melee/spell damage the boss does, how often it stuns, etc.

Unfortunately, it's quite a ways off from being functional.

Developer
Aug 4, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Isn't that what i just said?

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:20 PM
Jothay wrote:

We are working on a Boss selection system so that you have a dropdown similar to how the Filters dropdown looks and a specific boss and see how your gear measures to that fight. This would factor how much melee/spell damage the boss does, how often it stuns, etc.

Unfortunately, it's quite a ways off from being functional.

This is great Jothay, thank you once again!  Where do I donate, if you accept donations?

Also, would you guys be able to up the default raw damage taken during the interim?

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Jothay wrote:

Isn't that what i just said?

Not at all.  The OP is looking for the change of a default value to tide people over until your more complex system is set up (which is a long way out as you say).

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2009 at 4:53 PM
Edited Aug 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM
davenrothz wrote:

This is great Jothay, thank you once again!  Where do I donate, if you accept donations?

Also, would you guys be able to up the default raw damage taken during the interim?

Rawr accepts donations via PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2451163 (also linked on the root page of this site)

:)

Developer
Aug 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Oops, sorry, I Brain-farted.

I went ahead and made the update to a new default value of 50k instead of 25k, it will be in the next released version.

Please note that with 3.2 out today the value will probably have to be updated again for T9 boss attacks.