A Noob Question

Topics: Off-Topic
Aug 4, 2009 at 10:24 AM

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how you can create a usable list from a Rawr XML file.... I do a lot of gear sets for various guild members and it would be very handy if I could create the gearset and then turn it into  a list of the gear including gem and enchat choices and such....  Is this possible? If anyone has any kind of answer I would appreciate it.....

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2009 at 4:48 PM

If they don't use Rawr, then I'd suggest exporting the Current Gear/Enchants/Buffs chart to csv.

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM

OK well at the risk of being even more of a Noob lol... CSV? and how do I export it? A link to a program page or maybe instructions would be great...TY in advance

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Top right corner is the Export dropdown. You can export to image, CSV file, or CSV to clipboard. CSV is just a grid of data, typically opens in Excel. Image export doesn't include tooltips, so wouldn't show what gems to use in each item.

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:03 PM
Edited Aug 4, 2009 at 9:23 PM

k sorry for all the aggravation... When i click copy to clip board nothing happens... When i click copy to image the image is just of the gear chart on the right side of the Rawr program window not the actual gear itself chossen.  I dont have excel and havnt had any luck finding a program other then xl to download..any suggestions?

Developer
Aug 4, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Copy to clipboard does just that... copies it to the clipboard. You have to paste it somewhere, notepad works.

If you cannot get Microsoft Office (which any Windows user should have... cuz I mean... come ON) for Excel then you can get OpenOffice as a free alternative (though not as good asactual MS Office, it can work for those in a bind).

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:27 PM

ok well go the idea of clip board but I am still having the same issue... it is exporting just the list of gear on the right side of Rawr not the actual gear chosen for the set i designed.... What am I doing wrong?

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:30 PM

KK got it thank you for the help