Aug 5, 2009 at 5:06 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Would the optimizer term
    Override Regem

be equivalent to:
    Allow optimizer to change item gems?

or its inverse:
   Preserve existing gems?

In other words if i select "Override Regem" will the optimizer then optimizer my gems?
And if "Override Regem" is not selected, then it will not change gems in my gear?
But if a socket is empty, the optimizer will try to find a useful gem either way?

And i assume the same is true for "Override Reenchant"

i asked this question once before, but couldn't get a specific answer. And if i understand how it works - that's good.

Developer
Aug 5, 2009 at 5:22 PM

This follows the exact same logic as Override Reenchant, which was previously explained to you.

When you mark a specific gemming as available (Blue Diamond) that becomes the available gemming. Override Regem Overrides this (pretends that it is just a Green Diamond).

When you mark a specific enchant as available (Red Dot on the Blue or Green Diamond) that becomes the only available Enchant. Override Reenchant Overrides this (pretends that there is no red dot).

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM

It's in the help pages. Quit trolling.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:43 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Astrylian wrote:

It's in the help pages. Quit trolling.

From the help page:

There are two options in the optimizer that override these settings. If you select "Override Regem" then all items marked with blue diamonds will be also considered available for gemming with gems that are available.

i still have questions. If i come off as snippy, it's because getting explanations is like pulling teeth.

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Why do you still have questions? What questions do you have? No, it's not like pulling teeth. That specifically answers the question you asked.

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM

It could be clearer, I guess, in looking at that direct quote.  

If you select "Override Regem", then all items marked with blue diamonds will be considered with ALL optimization gem combinations that are available, not just the specific gemming configuration marked by the blue diamond.