Other ideas for the optimizer

Topics: Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Aug 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I play as a warlock and the curent Optimizer rules are very nice and seem to work.  That being said, there are some other options I would like to have,  For example, it would be nice to be able to get a gear spec for Maximum Haste or Maximum crit (or crit >= x%).

If we could get  afew more dynamic options for the rules in the optimizer that would be very nice.

Aug 7, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Shouldn't you just be concerned with dps? I mean, if it could generate a set with max haste but it cost you 1000dps what would be the point?

Aug 7, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Well, there could be some sort of sense to this.  For example, you could have an option to, for instance, make sure that crit is above a certain level for certain instances.  A Fury Warrior, for example, procs Rampage (5% Crit) on their crits, and Rampage's uptime is dependent on the player's critting.  So, while forcing a crit chance above, say, 35% may be a slight knock to personal DPS, it may a good option to help maximize Rampage uptime if you are the sole provider of the 5% physical crit buff for the raid.

Likewise, having Haste at a very specific plateau for a certain class/spec may adjust the rotation in a very specific way, so it might be good to add a Haste restriction in there.

However, if we're talking about simply having an arbitrary restriction being made available to the end user, that's probably not a good thing.  Unless it's implemented for a very specific purpose or a power-user option, having non-cap-related stats available as an optimizer restriction for DPS classes detracts from the point of using Rawr - maximizing your effectiveness at a specific role (in this case, dealing damage).

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I think it would be a great idea to implement Haste Rating in the Optimizer as a rule.. Lots of discutions are going on about how much haste you need for warlock and most say around 500-550, and i would like to use that as a criteria for my optimizer.