Mac Error OSX 10.5.7

Topics: Retired
Aug 10, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Hi guys,

I've read all the documentation and used to have Rawr working several months ago.  I am using Mono version 2.2 and still get errors where Rawr will not run.

This is the error I'm getting:

"Unknown target convertion type from System.Boolean to Systems.Windows.Forms.CheckState

at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)[0x00000]
at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType)[0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.ConvertData(System.Object data, System.Type data_type)[0x00000]

at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.FormData(System.Object data)[0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.PushData(Boolean force)[0x00000]

Is anyone else on OSX having this issue as well?  I have tried earlier versions of Mono and still no dice.  Rawr USED to work for me and then around 5 versions ago or so it stopped.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2009 at 4:48 AM

When does this happen? What model?

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I've got a late 2008 MacBook Pro model.  The error happens when I start Rawr, the splash screen opens and then the error pops up directly behind it.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Hi,

I get the same bug (it seems) when using the mage module and when I try to modify the encounters options.

When RAWR starts on the druid module I can see the options from the "option" tab, options that define an encounter.

When I'm in the mage module (even a brand new one) and try to access the "option" tab the software crashes with this error :

• System.InvalidCastException: Unknown target convertion type from System.Boolean to System.Windows.Forms.CheckState
  •   at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] 
  •   at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] 
  •   at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.ConvertData (System.Object data, System.Type data_type) [0x00000] 
  •   at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.FormatData (System.Object data) [0x00000] 
  •   at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.PushData (Boolean force) [0x00000]

System.InvalidCastException: Unknown target convertion type from System.Boolean to System.Windows.Forms.CheckState
  at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] 
  at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.ConvertData (System.Object data, System.Type data_type) [0x00000] 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.FormatData (System.Object data) [0x00000] 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.PushData (Boolean force) [0x00000]

Others function seems to work although it's quite a shame not to know for what kind of encounter we're optimizing.

I'm using a MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.8

Also I was wondering if there was a way to beta test the native version described at one moment on the home page of the project?

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Send me an e-mail.

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Hi,

would just like to add that i'm getting the same error as these guys macbook pro os 10.5.8, is there any fix?

I would also be very keen to beta test any native version you have for mac.

Thanks alot for the great program.

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I've set a Issue Tracker item (#13902) to see the evolution of this bug.

Report it there in order to maintain it open.