This project is read-only.

Batch Tools Questions

Topics: Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Aug 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I looked at both the Batch help page, and the EJ Rawr.Mage discussion, and didn't see answers to these.

Is the "Weight" column in "Batch Tools" an absolute weight, or a relative weight?

Example: My Druid's Rawr.Moonkin score is around 8k.  His Rawr.Tree score is around 16k.  I've got this new helm, and I need to decide if I will gem it for Moonkin or for Tree.  Let's say I'd value a 1% increase in Moonkin (score +80) as being equal to a 1% increase Tree (score +160).  Should the weights be equal (1% == 1%), or should the Moonkin weight be twice the tree weight (2*80 = 1*160)?

I suspect an absolute weight, since it is easier to formulize (overall optimization is dot product of weights and scores), but it wasn't obvious from the documentation.

Separate question: Am I correct that for all of the various Optimize/Upgrade options under Batch Tools/Tools that it will

1) Use available gear/gemmings/enchants/filter based on the currently loaded character (Rawr main window)?

2) Use talents/fight options/model settings/model based on the character on each line of the Batch Tools grid?

So that if I want Tree to consider using Ember Skyflare Diamond, it needs to be in the main-window gemming template, and it doesn't matter whether or not it is in the ErdTreeRaidHeal.xml (which is not main window, just one of the Batch entries).

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:03 AM

It is absolute weight.

total score = sum of weight_i * score_i

1) Basic optimize/upgrade will use availability of each character when optimizing that particular character. Batch/progressive version use availability of the first character in the batch list for the whole set.

2) Correct.