iLvl filter

Topics: Rawr.Base.ItemFilters
Aug 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I think I'm missing something when I try to create a filter for the iLvl of an item.

I go to "Tools -> Edit Item Filter..." I make a new filter and call it "iLvl" and set the minimum to 200 and the maximum to 230. Yet I still get items in my list that have an iLvl of 245 such as "Hood of Fiery Aftermath." I try to refresh from Wowhead and/or armory and neither one gets rid of it. Instead it just switches it's position with the horde version on the list. :)

It says that both of the items mentioned above are "Not found on armory." Is that why it won't filter them out? Even though Wowhead knows where they come from (at least for these two items) and knows what iLvl they are, I can't get rid of them?

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Have you at the help page on filtering? How to setup the logic filters can be confusing. I don't recall offhand (see that help page), but I believe for this situation you'd want to create a filter of ilvl 231-258, mark it as an additive filter (might have it backwards, try with additive off if that doesn't work; again, see help page), and uncheck the filter. 

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Item Filtering Help Page

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I got that. Except it doesn't filter out what I tell it to when I set up the filter according to the "Item Filtering Help Page" It still leaves blues with a 187 iLvl. Soooooooo that help page was not so helpful? Sorry, maybe I'm still doing something wrong. I don't put in a pattern and I have to put in a maximum so I put 240. For minimum quality I put Epic and maximum at Heirloom. Do I need "Additive Filter" checked? Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:14 PM

did you make sure that it's the only filter selected?

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Thank you so very much. I didn't realize I couldn't use it in conjunction with the Dungeon/Emblem/etc etc etc filters. Again, thank you very much.