How about adding the function of "skills loop"?

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK, Rawr.TankDK
Aug 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Hi,

Take dps for instance. Currently, the dps calculated by rawr is way less than the actual dps in game. And too incorrect for frost or blood dps.

Although, somehow rawr is still able to tell me whether a gear is better, with nothing else changed. When I re-model my char, for example, to see if another talent is better for me. I cannot get the right answer.

I do not know how rawr calculate the dps. But with some experience, I think the way it uses is nothing like the skills we actual used.

For example, frost DW. It tells me that Sigil of the Vengeful Heart is better than Sigil of Awareness, since awareness contributes 0 to my dps. How could that be possible? Does it mean that rawr uses NO Obliterate in dps calculating?

So I say, let's add the function of skills loop to rawr. This would be very helpful.

How do you think?

Developer
Aug 21, 2009 at 3:47 PM

If I understand your request correctly, you want to be able to create a custom rotation for your abilities. If that's what you are asking for, you already have it. Check the Options Pane for the Rotation Details button.

From there you can select which rotation to use and then customize it. I noticed while looking at it that Unholy and Blood do not use Obliterate by Default but Frost definately does.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2009 at 4:08 PM

DPSDK is still in need of updates for 3.2 (WTB DPSDK Dev!), FYI.

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:06 PM

...it is? All the talent changes are implemented, and I'm working on T9 bonuses and the new sigil right now.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Oh! Err... Perhaps I was thinking of TankDK then? Did Shaz get that done? Huh, perhaps I'm just confused there then, nevermind me.

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Shaz was out of town for like a month and a half, but I think he's back now... dunno how the tankDK model is faring, though.