How to model Victor's Call

Topics: Rawr.Base.Items
Sep 3, 2009 at 5:16 AM

I got Victor's Call tonight and I am wondering how to model it using the the item special effects.

This item is a bit unusual in that it is an on-use trinket, but it stacks an AP buff to 5 on any "strike" which includes both white and yellow hits. For now I have done a quick back of the envolope calculation for a best-case rotation stacking to five, and averaging it over the 20 seconds of the effect. The parameters I am using are as follows for the iLvl 232 version of the trinket:

AP: 1236.25

Trigger: Melee Hit (I think that on use is still pulling GCDs BTW, setting it to on use drops the DPS of the item)

Duration: 20 sec

Cooldown: 120 sec

Chance: 100%

Stacks: 1

Does this seem reasonable? Is there a better way to model this without coding it in? I wasn't able to find any other trinkets that worked similarly, but if anyone knows of one that I can look at please let me know.

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:56 AM

You may try AP=215, Stacks=5, Duration=20, Cooldown=120, Trigger=Use.

Did we fix trinkets costing GCDs or not?

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:00 AM

If you are talking about DPSWarr, Trinket's dont use GCDs now.

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:12 AM

Astrylian: It appears that the settings you listed are only putting one "stack" worth of 215 AP on every 2 minutes without allowing it to stack up to 5 during the 20 seconds that the effect is active, it gives significantly lower DPS then expected.

Jothay: Yes it is DPSWarr in the 2.2.14 release, I forgot to mention that. It I change the trinket activate condition from "Melee Hit" to "Use" then I get a loss of 1.62 DPS. Any idea why?

My character file right now may have other problems as well, it is giving me negitive DPS for expertise and Improved MS again. I will post it as an issue.

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I don't know why because it is not in any way consuming GCDs, I took that code out.

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Ah, I found the bug. There was one lingering spot still trying to use GCDs, but the primary point where they were I had already taken it out.

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:32 AM

Victor's call still doesn't have a on-use specified in the default data files that were shipped with v2.2.17, is this on anyone's ToDo list?

Sep 19, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Ok, the trouble with Victor's Call is that it technically has two different triggers. The primary, Trigger.Use has a cooldown of 2 mins and can't go for longer than 20 seconds, but it's internal one has no cooldown and procs via Trigger.MeleeHit, stacking 5 times.

So basically, it needed a Nested SpecialEffect, the secondary one affected by the Primary's Uptime. So in order for this to work, I needed to make our handler check for Nested Special Effects. Some elbow grease and a half hour later, I had a recursive version of the functionality to get average special effects stats. So, according to my immediate testing on a dummy BiS, the trinket now gets it's proper value instead of just the 83 expertise rating and doesn't need an averaged value like 1236.25 hard-set. Other trinkets didn't change in value so the original methods still apply to everything else.

Also, Wowhead's data is bad for the item (back-end has some invalid characters so the parser doesn't see the second line where the proc info is) so you have to refresh from Armory.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Fantastic! It looks to be giving me a small reduction in DPS from what I was modeling with the static AP, but I now realize I accidently used the heroic version's stats when I calculated that. When I do it with the RIGHT stats we come out to within 1 DPS.