Elemental Shaman 2h

Topics: Rawr.Elemental
Sep 4, 2009 at 7:27 AM

I was wondering why we cant select 2h weapons from the menu refine types of item listed and also why is there not a major glyph for flame shock

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:39 AM

No idea about the major glyph for Flame Shock, but you can't select 2H weapons for Shamans because that would be dumb.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:14 AM

It might be a little strange but I still like the option

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:20 AM

It's such an inferior 'option', that to choose it means you really don't care about performance, which means Rawr probably isn't for you.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:26 AM

not true, with the t9 for enhance shaman set bonus we lose 20% to Storm strike and lava lash I just trying to explore option in how I can recover the lost damage

3% to static static proc chance or 25% more to my shock damage

over the t8.5 2 piece bonus why would a shaman go to t9

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM

...what does this have to do with using 2H weapons?

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Glyph of Flame Shock ... I see that it is there, 5th one down.

As for using a 2h for Enh Shaman ... despite it being an inferior setup (and Blizz has stated somewhere this is the current direction/intent), if it's a "minor enough" adjustment to allow into Rawr, I don't see the harm in it.

This year I had inquired about allowing staves to be a visible option for dps warriors (since they've always been able to train/use). If anything, Rawr showed me the dps loss I would get equipping one. Being allowed to equip a weapon type and then Blizzard making it inferior, in all regards, rankles me too but what can ya do? lol

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:13 PM

What we can do is know that Staves will never be a warrior item so don't bother bogging the selections down with items that can't help warriors.

Same thing for 2h Shamans, if it's never gonna be a decent build as opposed to DW there's no reason to show it. When/if Blizzard make a change in how 2h works for Shamans that makes it competitive, I'm sure they'd be glad to re-enable 2h weapons.

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I'm pretty sure every single developer has more pressing issues than implementing features just to see how bad something would be in a "what if" scenario. If you'd really like to see how bad 2H enhancement is, the project is open source. Grab a copy of the code and implement it yourself.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Unfortunately, going 2h loses a lot of things.  No FT in the offhand, much fewer Flurry procs, no laval lash, 1/2 or less mana returned from Shamanistic Rage, Lots of wasted hit rating, Extremely fewer maelstrom procs, the list goes on and on my friend.  Almost every mechanic in enhance revolves around very fast attacks and having two weapons.

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:14 PM

as for flame shock its not in the list for enhance shamans I check its there for elemental

Sep 5, 2009 at 5:40 AM

There is no glyph of flame shock as flame shock is not modeled.  It sounds like you are looking for something like Enh-sim, not Rawr.  

Same as going 2h, not using that second earthshock is very detrimental to DPS in most cases.  

Take 2k spell power, Base flame shock's total damage (With glyph) would be 2770 over 18 seconds, 3140.96 at 40% Crit.

Earth shock's base damage is 1667, 2334 at 40% crit, then 2986 due to storm strike buffs.  So, you'd gain about 100 damage per 1k spellpower, but you also have to spend a glyph slot to even make it worth it.  That means you're giving up glyphed Lava Lash, Windfury, or Lightning shield, all of which net you much more then that 100 per 1k.    That extra 200 damage per 18 seconds comes to that glyph honestly only being worth 11 dps.  Loading a 2k spellpower shaman into Rawr in enhance shows that Glyph of Lava Lash, the worst of the lot, nets 28.2 DPS overall.  The only real reason to use enhance is if you intend to try out Lava burst, but I believe that too has been proven through enhsim to be a drop.

The above is most likely why you won't see it modeled in Rawr.Enhance, as it's just not usable for best DPS in almost any situation.