Support for multiple gear sets & specs

Topics: Rawr.Base, Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Sep 22, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Is there any way to use rawr to produce 2 sets of optimized gear from 1 set of gear?

Let me explain. I'm a dual-talent mage (arcane/frost) with lots of gear. I stick all my gear into rawr and get it to optimize for my arcane spec which is the one I use most. Is there any way to get rawr to then use the remaining gear and optimize it in conjunction with the gear it's just optimized to produce a second optimized set so I could swap pieces when I change specs?

As luck would have it with my current gear, my spare pants are the t8 conq ones. To hit cap for my 2nd spec (frost), I can just gem them for 20 hit and swap pants without losing my other 2 set bonuses (2xt8, 2xt9). Obviously this works "fine" now but given future upgrades, it will doubtless prove difficult.

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Yes. Look at the help docs on Batch Optimizations.

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Cool, thank you.

Sep 22, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Ok, I guess you mean the Progressive Optimize function? I'm playing with it now. That sounds like what I want; optimize for one spec, don't change those pieces but run riot over the rest of the gear to get the best out of the second spec.

I have 2 copies of my character now with appropriate gear equipped and talents set.

I'm not clear what the "locked" and "weight" columns actually do though. Do I set the spec I want to be "important" to a higher weight than my secondary spec?

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM

For Progressive Optimize, I believe the weights are ignored.  First spec gets all the love.  Remaining specs get leftovers.

The weights are used for Batch Optimize.  Rawr tries to maximize wt1*score1 + wt2*score2 + ... .  This more or less means that if your first spec had a weight of 2, and your second spec had a weight of 1, Rawr would be willing to sacrifice 1 DPS in your first spec, only if it would gain 2 or more DPS in your second spec as a result (assuming "score"==dps for both specs).

I'm not sure what "Locked" means.