One-hand items for feral druid?

Topics: Rawr.Cat
Sep 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Hello

Maybe I'm being dense, but I can't switch the filter to allow one-hand weapons in Bear or Cat. Am I missing something? It's grayed out/closed for input.

Also, in edit items where do I find FAP? Does RAWR calculate this for me automatically?

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Guessing this is a troll, but if it's not...

A) Rawr.Cat/Bear do not allow you to see/equip 1H weapons, because that would be dumb.

B) FAP is calculated based on Weapon DPS.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM

What is with people trying to use 1 handers as a feral these days.  Do we really want to go back to the AQ40 "Oh mah gawd I still haz a blue offhand with mah epic mace that the warriors want" style of gearing?  Personally, I enjoy taking polearms from those dirty hunters.

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Thanks, not a troll.

I run with a small group of friends and have cat offspec. I'm fairly fresh level 80 gearing up my bear. Some onehand weapons "APPEAR" to be better DPS than the current tank staff I have [appearances can be deceptive though, I used wowhead to compare and saw in this particular situation that my tank staff was still better although much lower iLevel]. And I never roll on something some-one else needs, btw. Since we don't PvP or do raids I was curious about RAWR not doing it. I am aware that the offhand frills are retarded. So there is a reason for asking.  I would love to have the best two handed DPS feral weapon out there :), time, lucky drops and money permitting.

Take care

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:35 PM

As I posted in the other thread on the front page about this exact topic, run ToC or do Tournament Dailys for a few days and you can get a feral staff that blows away all but the very best high ilevel raid one-hander in the game (or you could have Marrowstrike drop from heroic ToC ).   There is no reason to be using a one-hander unless Blizzard make massive changes to the game.

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Glad you're not a troll. Yeah, 1Hs are not available in Rawr.Cat or .Bear, because they are not even remotely viable, and would only slow the performance of Rawr for all ferals.

Developer
Sep 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Trolls can be druid in Cataclysm :(