[RestoSham] Health Equivalency Points (HEP) Support

Topics: Rawr.RestoSham
Sep 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Is there any way to calculate stats weights and show gear choices in same way as shaman_hep tools do? Shaman_hep uses actual logfile to calculate stats weights having in mind your specific "healing style".

If there is no way to support it then maybe there is a way to manually set stats weights for my actual gear set as i feel right and use Rawr as gear comparison tool?

For now i have no idea how to set burst or sustained and other options to get stats weights similiar to what i get in shaman_hep report.

Sep 30, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Edited Sep 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Rawr doesn't use stat weights, at all. They're only an output. Rawr.RestoSham shows the value of things by testing their contribution to your performance.

(Stat weights are inherently inaccurate, by designed, and should not be used when more accurate tools are available)

Sep 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Burst would be the way you heal when you are racing to keep someone alive, like Plasma Blast, or Impale on Gormok.

Sustained would be how you handle normal incoming damage.  What mix of skills do you use that are not represented in the two choices?

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Stat weights are output from shaman_hep tool - same as from Rawr. As i understand they are somehow accurate when we consider doing small gear changes - for example 1 piece of gear at a time.

I understand what Burst and what Sustained is but i did not find an option to set how long burst phase last during a fight or how long sustained phase last. There is no such slider?

Usually for Sustained i use RT-LHW-LHW ocassionaly throwing CH.

For Burst it depends one fight i use RT-LHW-LHW other CH spam.

For example in my case for 5 minute fight Rawr suggest going for mp5 and shaman_hep suggest going for haste. Even if i remove  sustained style at all and leave only burst rawr suggest i should stack more spellpower when i am sure i don't need more spellpower for burst healing but haste.

How sustained model works? How often it cast spells?

Also excuse if its already answered somewhere what exactly "are you using Earth Shield" and "are you healing a tank" boxes means?

If i check ES box does rawr model guess i heal this target with LHW? or it simply add only ES charges to my healing?

IF i check tank box does rawr model guess i am only MT healer or i heal everyone ex. MT and raid same time?