Removing unusable items from upgrade list

Topics: Rawr.Base.Items
Oct 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Hi, i like Rawr but what bugs me is when i do an upgrade list i get suggestions like items with multiple sockets, that my professions cannot make. Is there a way to remove those suggestions ?

Developer
Oct 8, 2009 at 5:08 PM

If you are talking about the blacksmithing sockets, uncheck the Extra Socket checkboxes underneath Gloves and Bracers on the Main Window if you are not a blacksmith. The Belt should stay as anyone can use that (it does not require blacksmithing). It would NOT be recommending gems to go in those sockets if those are not checked.

If you are talking about high iLevel items, remember that 232 items with 245 counterparts sometimes don't have a gem like their 245 counterpart.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Like for exemple a suggestion in upgrade list from optimizer gives me my neck piece , Wail of the Val'kyr, with a socket as more powerful. Im sure it would be, but im a Tailor/Enchanter so i cannot put a socket on it. So can i remove this from the optimizer , so i only get what i can make/use with my professions ? Trying to be clear :-)

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM

The one you're looking at with the socket is the ilvl 245 one. The ilvl 232 one doesn't have the socket.

Developer
Oct 8, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM

You literally stated exactly what i said was the problem in paragraph 2 Kann.

And btw the only Extra Sockets you can physically to Items is on Belts, Gloves and Bracers, not Necks....

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:54 AM

To rephrase, Kann:

There are two different items with the same name for pretty much EVERY item in ToC 10/25. 

Wail of the Val'kyr has no socket.  Wail of the Val'kyr (heroic version) has a socket.  You can get and use either regardless of your professions.  The heroic version of the item drops in heroic mode.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Oh God , my bad... You would think that at 43 i would have learned to read/look at descriptions...... Thanks for your patience  :-)