[Healadin] - strange values for similar weapons ?

Topics: Rawr.Healadin
Oct 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Unsure if this is the correct place to ask this but, rawr is giving quite a difference on 2 very similar weapons:

Misery's End 245 vs Heartcrusher 245.

On paper Misery has +3 Crit and +4 Haste everything else relevant is the same.

But on my set up this Misery's end has a +71.2 Rawr score advantage
(64.86 fight healing, 6.34 Burst)
and this is without any gem being in the Heartcrushers socket?

I did a quick stat for point comparison and from what I can tell, again my equiped gear, +3 crit and +4 Haste should be worth around +10.4 Rawr score, not +71.
(I did this by equiping a straight haste and straight crit gem in the socket of Heartcrusher and looking at what this added to the Rawr score for each, hence getting a value for each point of crit and haste)

Now agreed this is a pretty small discrepancy, but its just the 1st time I have looked at the magic of what Rawr does, and this just doesn't seem to add up.
And so my faith in the magic has been called into question.

Any pointers?  I have looked at the edited stats of each item to make sure they are correct and they seem to be.

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I actually noticed this the other day and was wondering the same thing. I decided to play around a bit, and the only major difference I saw was Heartcrusher/Heartsmasher has a 1.5 attack speed vs Misery/Suffering's End which has a 1.8 attack speed. Along these same lines, Polished Azuresong Mageblade, with an attack speed of 2.4,  shows as a significant upgrade to either options, with a net gain of +12 crit +5 int and -58 haste compared to Suffering's End, an upgrade of over 200 Overall points according to rawr.

Edit: This Behavior seems linked to Maintain Judgement. As I don't entirely understand paladins, I'll leave it to someone who does to explain.