Boomkin

Topics: Rawr.Moonkin
Oct 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I am looking over this program in respect to my Boomkin.  It seems that it places a VERY VERY high value on MP5 for a boomkin.  I normally do 25man raids so for the most part (unless i spam hurricane) mana regen is not an issue.  Is there any way to change this behaviour?  The other major websites even those that recommend RAWR do not give MP5 any stat weighting and in my personal raiding experience i agree with that.

I mean without applying all kinds of buffs that i am not sure i will have in a particular raid.

Also, is there any way to discover the stat wieghting that are used?

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Ugh.  First of all, you say you're doing 25-man raids.  That means you should have at least one buff of every particular category.  If you don't enable any buffs, Rawr assumes you're running without buffs and will show you as running OOM.  Second, Rawr doesn't do stat weights because they change based on the gear, spec, and buffs that make each character unique.  Rawr calculates a set of formulas - in the case of Moonkin, the formulas displayed in the WrathCalcs spreadsheet from Elitist Jerks - for your character, adding and removing pieces of gear to determine how much DPS each piece adds to you.

I might add that much of this information could have been found by a basic search of either this site or either the Rawr thread or the Moonkin threads at Elitist Jerks.  Please, everyone, spend your time doing your basic research so that we don't have to spend ours answering questions like these constantly.