Item comparison acting weird

Topics: Rawr.Base
Oct 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM

How does the item comparison work?
I can't understand how it's putting my ilvl 226 T8 head on top of the list, with ilvl 258 T9 right below it, with the exact same gems...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8183/rawrcat.jpg

And it's the same for almost every other Tier slot.

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Swapping out ONE and breaking the 4T8 or 2T8 set bonus wouldn't be worth it.  I think what you want is a list of upgrades.  You'll need to mark all the gear you have available using the green diamond to the left of the gear in the right hand charts.  Then, go to Tools>Optimize, set the dropdown to "DPS Rating" add any additional requirements (hit cap, etc) that you might have and click "Optimize".

Once you're done optimizing, and you've equipped the optimized gearset, go back to Tools>Optimize and hit "Build Upgrade List"  This will spit out a list of all upgrades for you.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM

That totally makes sense, thanks for the response.

So how does it rate the various set bonuses? Is there a way to see/change these set bonus ratings?

Editor
Oct 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM

No, you can not change the value of the set bonuses - they are what they are.  You can see what current tier bonuses you have activated near the bottom of the Buffs tab, and their value on the Comparisons > Current Gear/Enchants/Buffs pane.  You see the value of all available tier bonuses on the Comparisons > Buffs > All Buffs pane.

The set bonuses are calculated the same way Rawr handles the rest of the character - seeing how the bonus actually affects the model's performance, given the settings and variables.