Item tooltips

Topics: Rawr.Base
Oct 23, 2009 at 7:37 AM

A couple of things I have noticed with the Rawr tooltips :-

1)   In the case of say the priest tier pieces, it is hard to tell which pieces are the shadow items and which are the healing ones.  The stats on both are quite similar so they both appear near each other in the listsand even have similar names, but I have to open them in Wow-Head to work out which is which.      Even the ability to see our own user-added comments in the tooltips would be ok to deal with this.

2)   Knowing which slot or type an item is.    For my rogue (which I have just started to look at Rawr for) it is quite important to know whether a weapon is a sword, axe, dagger etc and in many cases it is difficult to tell from the name.   Same with other classes and being able to tell whether an item is a 1H or 2H weapon or knowing if a pieces is plate, mail or leather.        This is particularly an issue for me when using the "direct upgrade tab" when you have say neckpieces like "Heritage" for example or other similarly non-descriptive titles.

All minor things, but would make the Rawr experience a little more friendly.

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:51 AM

I completely agree on all accounts, and hope to adjust things for the better, once we're into the Rawr3 era. One note though; part of #2 is solved by Tools > Options > General > Show Item Type in Tooltips. Not totally, mind you, but at least a bit of it.

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Wow - thanks for that.   I hadn't seen those options mentioned anywhere before :)   Much better.

Any timeframe on Rawr3?   I keep hearing lots of nice things!

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:46 PM

We know, we know, Rawr3 is taking forever. Soon, we hope! We've been pushing hard to get everyone working on it, lately.

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Are you updating the Web version on a daily basis or whenever the new live build is updated?

Because I'll start doing some power-testing on the web version if you want.

Oct 24, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I don't update it every day, but it's like twice as often as normal releases.