Optimized Upgrade List

Topics: Rawr.Base.ItemFilters, Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Oct 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Hi,

I really like the Rawr optimizer for my Ret Paladin, but everytime I buil a upgrade list it lists all the items (including all the items that dont 'upgrade' me).

There's a way to list only those items that upgrades my equip?

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2009 at 7:10 PM

That's exactly what it does. Upgrade lists only contain items that are potential upgrades for you. If you're seeing items in it that you already have, it means that they are potential upgrades for you. You typically want to optimize before building an upgrade list, for that reason.

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, but what I am trying to say is that some items on the list downgrades me. For example if I have 134 upgrade points actually on my gearset I should not see items with 80 upgrade points on the list.

Maybe I am doing something wrong...

What I am doing right now is:
1) Load my char from Armory, set the buffs, change fight parameters & rotations.
2) Tools -> Optimize
3) Optimize DPS Rating, Thoroughness to max, Build Upgrade List.
Then the list appears with a large list of items including items that downgrades me.

I just want this items with less points than my gearset removed, how should I do it?

Thanks a lot

Oct 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Put your mouse over the item which you think is a 'downgrade', you'll see a suggested new gear-set which should explain why Rawr calculates that the item is an upgrade. Sometimes this is as simple as, for example, a switch from hit rating on legs moving to hit rating on gloves, which then suddenly makes another item better.

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I dont see that.

Please, load Zim from server Sanguino in EU. And do the following steps:
1) Tools -> Optimize.
2) Select Optimize DPS Rating and click Build Upgrade List. (Put thoroughness to min, that will be faster for the test).

Now the list you see is:
My gear (134 upgrade points)
Better gear (>134 upgrade points)
A lot of bad gear (<134 upgrade points)

The point is that when I export this list to LootPlan I dont want that bad gear listed.

I just want a clean list with >134 upgrade points.

Thanks again :)

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM

bugmenot2, what you're seeing is accurate. It is exactly what I said before. Upgrade lists only contain items that are potential upgrades for you.

Those items, which are <134 points, are potential upgrades, from your current gear. Your problem is that your current gear is not your optimal gear. So, Optimize first.