Arcane Mage - Hit for Arcane vs All

Topics: Rawr.Mage
Nov 2, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I'm wondering if there's a way to tell Rawr.Mage to JUST hitcap for arcane alone. Currently when picking gear, it defaults to hitcapping me for fire, frost, and arcane.... 99% of my dps comes from Arcane only spells, and as such, it seems like it's probably a  pretty significant loss of dps to push for that extra hit needed to cap out Fire/Frost.

When running the optimizer, you can tell it to do greater-than-or-equal-to or lesser-than-or-equal-to, but it'd be nice if there was a way to set a 'closest to', or optionally allow there to be a checkbox within the program (and I might be missing it, honestly) that allows you to set the requirement of hitcapping only for that tree.

If I'm dumb, and I've missed it, please let me know. ;)

Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2009 at 11:36 PM

You shouldn't need to specify hit cap constraints at all. If the optimizer hit caps you for your off-schools that's most likely because you didn't give it enough alternative gear to get rid of the hit.

If for some obscure reason you need to then just take the offset into account and optimize for however much hit rating you want.

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Rawr doesn't try to hitcap you (other than if you explicitly require miss chance <= 0 in the optimizer). It just shows the performance of your character, and other potential pieces of gear. If you're only using Arcane spells, the fire/frost hit obviously won't matter. Also, check to make sure you have Misery checked on the buffs tab, if you want to gear with that assumption in mind.