[ProtWarr] Values for Base Attack and Attack Speed?

Topics: Rawr.ProtWarr
Nov 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Hello.

I was wondering how it's possible to find out what the "base attacker damage" on a specific boss is? Same goes for attack speed. I played around with some data from the combatlog (worldoflogs). But it is so far away from the default settings, that i believe i didn't do it right. Rawr tells me, with default settings, i should gem for defense (i am at 552 right now). Lowering base attacker damage will change the stat values in a way, that stamina becomes Nr 1 instead of defense.

Unfortunately i didn't find any informtation on that topic anywhere.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Combat logs are indeed where to look those up. You just have to remember to account for things that affect attack speed and damage. Ie, find out how much constant damage reduction you have (armor, def stance, sanctuary, etc). Say, that totals up to 75%. So you take 25% of base damage. According to combat logs, the boss hits for 15k. 15,000 / 0.25 = 60,000. So, base damage is 60k. And measure the time between swings, but account for thunderclap

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Thank you. Looks like i have to go back to school. I did the calculation wrong. It looks much better now. And i should have thought about finding the attack speed in the combatlog myself.