Adding Items from Wowhead

Topics: Rawr.Base.Items
Dec 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Using Tools/Edit Items I added the new elemental shaman badge totem (Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice).  I added it using the Wowhead item number and I see that it appears now in the Edit Items list.  How do I get that item to appear in the main Item Comparison frame for my toon?

Developer
Dec 14, 2009 at 6:51 PM

The proc is not yet supported in the public release, tho I think they've already got it added in the Dev copy. You'll have to wait until then. To at least select the item, give it like 1 spell power or something.

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Ah--ok.  I'll give that a try when I get home today.  Thanks for the quick reply!

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I ended up giving it a value for haste.  It still didn't appear in the Comparison list.  I checked to make sure I wasn't filtering anything as well. 

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:50 PM
Edited Dec 15, 2009 at 6:51 PM
Wow, I missed that you said you checked your filters. Ignore this post.
Dec 15, 2009 at 11:26 PM

A useful way to find an item in a situation like this is to make a new filter called "ALL" (at least that's what I call mine) without putting anything in the pattern or other fields.   When you select this filter it will bring up all items regardless of where it is from etc.   Then you can find the item and look at it's location details and work out why the other filters aren't showing it.

If the item doesn't show up with the "all" filter on then it may be due to the model itself filtering items - check the models options tabs to see if it is filtering out hit or SP or AP items.  (not really an issue in this case)

Developer
Dec 16, 2009 at 12:01 AM

The Item Filters dropdown doesn't do anythng based on stats, which is what the problem here is.

Dec 16, 2009 at 1:32 AM

I finally got it to show up as expected.  It turns out to have been a strict case of user error.  When I added a haste value for it, I put it in a class-specific category (warlocks, to be exact) and surprise surprise it didn't show up in my shaman's gear.  Adding a haste value to the class-less section worked great.  Thanks for all the help folks.