Elemental developer short of time

Topics: Rawr.Elemental
Dec 16, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Hey guys,

I'm currently quite packed with work. And it seems that it won't change until after January since I have some really well paid tasks for that period.

If someone is willing to add the 3.3 changes and/or multi target support to the Elemental module, then I am gonna write down my thoughts, plans and things I already discarded again for you.

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

At the moment I'm fairly busy with Tree. Once that is completed and the various people I involved in the project are also satisfied I could take a look at Elemental, especially since I wrote the original version.

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I have made a few adjustments

- modified special effects handling (internal effect only)

- added statistics of average stats in combat

- added custom chart Stats Graph (like in Mage/DPSWarr)

- commented Elemental Mastery code out

I advise the following:

- change rotations code so the discontinuity disappears

- come up with a way to deal with haste procs (similar problems in modules like Tree)

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Hi, thanks for taking over for a while and the improvements made. I still don't have much time to develop.

As for your suggestions:

- change rotations code so the discontinuity disappears

This should be possible by introducing fractional spells.

- come up with a way to deal with haste procs (similar problems in modules like Tree)

Do you have any suggestions here? What I planned to do was to calculate a second rotation under the influence of Elemental Mastery and sum the two based on a weight scale.

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Regarding my plans:

I wanted to add multi target support and variable rotations in the long goal. However I still need to think of a viable way to automatically create a rotation solely based on the best damage per cast time, dot duration and cooldown of spells. However I didn't do the necessary maths for it, yet.