[TankDK] Slow DPS Weapons

Topics: Rawr.TankDK
Dec 31, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Hi,

is there any way to let the Tank Weapons stay available but make the Optimizer prefer the Slow-DPS Weapons? (for DW DK Frost Tank)

Developer
Dec 31, 2009 at 11:22 PM

I'm not sure what you're looking for. 

Are you concerned that the suggested weapons are not appropriate for tanking with?  Other than attack speed, what about a slow weapon do you feel gives you an advantage?  Is this a threat concern vs. a survival or mitigation concern?

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Parry haste perhaps?

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Slower Weapons = More Damage on Obliterate ^^

Developer
Jan 2, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Oblit TPS is such a small part of your total tanking score, I believe the balance is negligible compared to other values provided by other weapons.

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:53 AM
Shazear wrote:

Oblit TPS is such a small part of your total tanking score

I'm not sure what you mean. For DW Frost tank oblit is main skill. For me it is usualy #1 dps (mh + oh), so probably #2 threat (after RS).

So Slow-DPS vs Fast-tanking is like threat vs survival. I don't think there is easy way to compare apples to oranges. Manatsu: if you have survival issues, go 2h - more stamina AND more agi/str will probably work better. If your healers don't go insane keeping you alive do what I do - change model to DPS-DK and see which weapons are better ;)

Jan 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I agree with Manat and kazus.  The whole reason Bliz gave us a 1-handed tank enchant was so that we could use DPS one handers instead of just regular tank weapons.  This results in much bigger gains in threat and aggro management.

Developer
Jan 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I'm not arguing the point of having DW tanking vs. 2H tanking. I was thinking that the difference in damage between a slower weapon and a faster weapon would be negligible in the grand scheme of things, but I realize that the whole point of this is to work on improving on those few percentage points.   I'll look to see if there's any adjustments to the methods in the threat section that can be done in the context of a bug-fix rather than the re-write that I'm working on.