Moonkin + Nibelung (trouble configuring proc)

Topics: Rawr.Moonkin
Jan 7, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I am trying to model the Nibelung proc for use in Rawr. Per my testing, the value of a proc is about 27,000 damage over 30 seconds. I've tried to input this in the editor as a straight 27,000 damage "on spell cast," but it doesn't seem to actually change my listed DPS.

For comparison, the damage from Reign of the Dead seems to come across fine, but when I put similar values in for the staff, it's not working.

Quite possibly this is a user training issue -- could someone more familiar with how Rawr handles procs take a look at this?

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM

When I tried modeling it on my mage, I discovered 2 things:

1. Nibelung is a chance on spell hit.  Reign of the Dead/Unliving is a chance on spell crit.  Chance on spell hit does not function, but chance on spell crit does.

2. Nibelung is 'holy damage.'  Reign of the Dead/Unliving is fire damage.  Holy damage does not function, but fire damage does.

Modeling Nibelung as a 15,000 fire damage on spell crit proc seemed to do the trick.  I adjusted the chance to proc to be a little higher to account for it being on crit instead of hit.  It won't be an exact estimate, but it's not bad either.  Obviously, the moonkin model might be different, but it's worth a shot.

On a side note, how did you get your 27,000 number?  Is it pre- or post-buff? I heard reports of ~1k damage every 2 seconds from various forums, so I estimated 15k damage, but this was before the recent buff.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:02 AM

This was a post-buff estimate. The chance to hit was increased, and the damage was increased.

My estimate may be a little high -- I was looking over my logs and realized that (as a Moonkin) I had procced Earth and Moon already for a 12% damage buff.